When do you think “That ain’t fly fishing!” Or do you ?

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I was thinkin' (uh-oh) ...I know but we don't just choose this thing we do ...we aspire to it...that is how i think about it... and withat a lot of various drivel comes forth in threads like this, which have repeated themselves over time enumerably...yet we go there...Ha!

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I use Tiemcos, never had one straighten out, not like those crappy Mustads. :D
I was trying to use up my #16 and #14 Mustads in a fly swap, but I'm getting too blind to tie flies that small.

I need to tie up some reversed spiders for goading searun cutthroat into action, even if they aren't hungry or on the feed. Once they notice my Reversed Spider pulsing by, they get hungry real quick!.

But before I get around to that...I'll probably go gather some sand shrimp and fish them in the surf using spinning gear, lashed to a bait hook, annointed with shrimp oil, casting into the likely looking troughs with 2 oz or 3 oz pyramid sinkers.....C&K fishing for some tasty fillets!

Last edited:
No creel, no silk fly line, and if you don't look like Brad Pitt - it's not fly fishing :).

I still have never seen "A River Runs Through It", but I've read the short story. Something about the beginning of the movie bores me to tears, I've started it about five times and get about 10 to 15 minutes in and I go find something better to do. Even my wife, who doesn't fly fish, stated that it was so good that she'd watch it again with me.

Latest posts