Product Reviews, manufactuer websites. Baloney.

BullerRiver1

My experience posting product reviews on the websites of two companies whose products I generally respect.

1. Patagonia, Foot Tractor wading boots with aluminum bars. I posted something like the following: "Great wading boots in most situations, but not on boats. The bars prevent good traction in that circumstance; I slipped and fell in a ClackaCraft, broke three ribs. Used wisely then can be terrific, but . . . "
They responded with an email, offering to take them back which was nice. (I kept them to use for wading). What wasn't so nice was that they deleted my review from their site.

2. Simms, BackMagic Wading Belt. I posted something like the following: "I had a Simms BackSaver - a mediocre back support - that I replaced with a Simms BackMagic 'Wading Belt.' The BackMagic is a great back support. But it's not a wading belt, since the straps are too wide to fit through wader loops, and also too wide to allow for the attachment of their own wading staff." They deleted my review from their site.

A little discouraging. I never considered myself naïve, but expected a little more integrity.

GOTY

9x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I'd imagine the lawyers made Patagonia pull that since it involves a personal injury.
This was my thought as well. You publicly posted a potential massive liability for a company. I'd expect them to remove that in a heartbeat.

The Simms one just seems shady.

Jmills81

The Dude Abides
good lawd. if you wore those in my raft......we'd be having words

Sorry to hear you were injured though

BullerRiver1

This was my thought as well. You publicly posted a potential massive liability for a company. I'd expect them to remove that in a heartbeat.

The Simms one just seems shady.
Re Patagonia Tractors: never even occurred to me to go to them with a legal complaint. However, they should never deny their customers access to review information that allows them to make an educated choice.

Last edited:

Yard Sale

Huge Member
I ate shit super hard in a gas station once in them. It was after fishing all day and I probably didn’t need to be buying another sixer. Operator error as far as I’m concerned.

Any hard surface I treat like ice. Walk like a penguin! I’d rather wipe out on land than in the river though...

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
Some company makes rubber sandals that looks like this Crocs shoes. You put them on over your wading boots to walk inside reds. Never seen them anywhere else.
Here in Moses I'm out of loop I guess. Two thoughts:
1. Why wouldn't you just take waders off?
2 When faced with giant croc things why wouldn't you just take waders off?

what does fashion police @Swimmy say to do?

Jerry Daschofsky

Will Fish for Cinnamon Rolls and Coffee.
WFF Supporter
Some company makes rubber sandals that looks like this Crocs shoes. You put them on over your wading boots to walk inside reds. Never seen them anywhere else.
I need to buy some for my cabin. I may see if Red's will tell me where they bought them.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts