Rowing Seats // Sore Back ?

WAS

Pitched the low seat in my Clacka years ago for a high back. Also raised it up three inches. Upside, my wife's back is much better=I catch more fish. Downside--pulling hard in that "oh shit" situation we both have to scoot up a little. Oars don't store across seats anymore. Makes a better sail for those windy days on the Mo.

BDD

I have used both the low and high back tractor seats from NRS. The few times I used the high back seat, I found I never really used the upper portion at all anyway so I went back to the low back because its easier to stack other boats. Luckily I don't have any back problems. I suppose if in the future I do, I will try the high back seat again and see if it helps.

cms829

I started with the low NRS seat and have since thrown a high back on there and find it much more comfortable. Sure, when your rowing hard your likely not utilizing it, but its nice to have the extra support when your not rowing hard and can lean back a bit. Or when your anchored up on a riser for 20 minutes while your buddy cant catch it. You can sit back and relax.

A.A.

I have a web seat on my drift boat, but I can scoot back a little and lean against the casting brace if/when my back gets tired. It’s kind of the best of both worlds. It’s not in the way if I really need to dig in, but there when I need it. My friend who has a bad back really likes this setup. He wants to add something similar to his drift boat.

EECDF1E1-1361-4EF5-ABC6-B8588D7E6C66.jpeg

WAS

Sounds like what we need is a low back seat with adjustable pull up back rest plus, the kicker, electric recline mode for waiting out the evening hatch.

Latest posts