Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Published

690 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Skip Enge 
#1 ·
In January I stopped by Clark College to wander the art department...I have done that many times over the past 45 years since I attended. I met up with a group meeting in the afternoon. I group of artists of the graphic novel sort...they shared pizza...we talked. The director suggested I might want to submit something to their newish graphic magazine The Iceberg as an alumni... i submitted a couple of condensed versions of "The Ride" and "Timmy"... I just learned both were accepted for publication. On May 20th there will be a sort of meet the artists ala the comic-con sort...should be fun.
Plant Handwriting Font Tree Parallel
Vertebrate Organism Font Poster Cat
Cat Organism Carnivore Felidae Font
Plant Branch Tree Arecales Terrestrial plant

See less See more
#2 ·
Ellen had an amazing cat Timmy...He lived to be 20 and never stopped hunting...He had been through some past wars...Not unscathed...His tail was obviously numb but Ellen didn't need a proverbial rocking chair accident to know that ...His ear had a notch in it...He was legendary to my mind. he loved to follow us around in the garden...

#5 ·
Congrats skip, that's exciting. When is your next show?
I really do not know...I have to line up venues way a head of time...I missed and opportunity last fall to get in the cue for a favorite venue...i have had shows at wineries eateries and informal locations...I prefer never to do that again...I need some kind of formality for my work to be viewable and lit well... I have a client that wants to see "watcha got?"...so we are planning a day when I can pull out 70 framed paintings ...this will be challenging given the mass...but WTH, they have bought paintings from me in the past.

#4 ·
Congratulations Skip! That’s so cool. I wish Timmy lived in my community so he could finally take care of our rat, (I named it Dick Cheney) who still shows up on our Arlo sometimes at night though we paid $300 to an exterminator last month.

#6 ·
Congratulations Skip! That's so cool. I wish Timmy lived in my community so he could finally take care of our rat, (I named it Dick Cheney) who still shows up on our Arlo sometimes at night though we paid $300 to an exterminator last month.
"Dick Cheney" he needs a little pair of aviator sunglasses... ;)

#13 ·
I attended the Iceberg release on Monday at Clark College...this is what it looks like...I have a couple in it as an alumni..."Timmy" and "The Ride"
I used to sub teach art at Washougal High school occasionally. I met a previous art student from Rumbles class a few years ago at the release party...she is included in the publication...She recognized me and said she felt so encouraged and good about the comments I made on her work a few years ago. I guess it stuck...rather heart warming I must say.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.