Fenwick iron feather

Anthony Miller

Hey everyone! looking to see if anyone has info on a Fenwick iron feather 8’6” 5wt 2pc. Original sock and tube. Rods in great/new shape came with a pfleuger medalist real that’s in excellent shape as well. Is this just a novelty setup, or does it have some value?? Sweet garage sale find

Shaun Martin

This was my first fly rod about 25 years ago. Still have it and use it occasionallly. Pretty stiff but better overlined a little. Not sure about the value now, but I’d guess they go for about $150-175 used in good shape. It was Fenwick’s top of the line fly rod for a few years I think. Sold for about $500 new. Does the Medalist have metal parts or white? It’s a cool find.

Anthony Miller

This was my first fly rod about 25 years ago. Still have it and use it occasionallly. Pretty stiff but better overlined a little. Not sure about the value now, but I’d guess they go for about $150-175 used in good shape. It was Fenwick’s top of the line fly rod for a few years I think. Sold for about $500 new. Does the Medalist have metal parts or white? It’s a cool find.
Shaun sorry I didn’t respond sooner, the medalist appears to have white parts, I’d assume it’s about the same age as the rod. I appreciate your knowledge on the matter.