FS Scientific Anglers System 3 10/11 Fly Reel - Very Nice Condition

Southsound

Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs
Scientific Anglers only made a couple of forays into the high-end reel market with the Mastery series and the System 3 reels. I am selling a fine specimen of the latter for 10-11 weight lines. The reel is in almost "fine" shape with only a couple of indications of wear (please see picture). These reels were of limited production by API in New Jersey (think original HMH vises, Catino and a couple of other fly reels).

System 3 reels are direct-drive with two sizes - 10/11 and 11/12... Anodized a nice burgundy color with a palming rim on the spool. The drag has an "O-ring" design using composite materials (highly adjustable with a wide range of drag!) Retail was set at $695 - a lot of dough back in the '90's for a fly reel. Here are the original specifications on the 10/11 reel: Weight - 11.1 oz., 3 7/8" spool diameter, line capacities of WFF10 with 350 yds 20lb Dacron, 275 yd. 30lb Dacron, and WFF11 with 300 yds 20lb Dacron, 230 yds. 30lb Dacron.

This reel comes in the original suede leather drawstring pouch and has the owner reference sheet.

Asking $285, shipped CONUS (includes AK & HI). will ship to non-US destinations for actual costs, less USPS expense for US shipment.

Photos attached below. If you have questions please PM or email them to me and I will try to respond "soonest". Sorry, not looking to trade at this time as funds will go (I hope!) to a Fall AK trip. PayPal payment please.

Thanks again!
Steve Cole
SciAng Sys3 Spool Side.jpg SciAng Sys3 Body Side.jpg SciAng Sys3 Side View.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts