FS Mo' Reels... SciAng System 4, System 2LC, St. Croix

Southsound

Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs
Scientific Anglers System 2LC 4/5: British-made double-pawl reel in fine shape. Availability was limited in the U.S. when on the market. Sweet little reel in fine condition with pouch and SciAng box.

Asking $90, plus $5 towards the shipping (U.S. only please)

Scientific Anglers System 4 7/8 with spare spool: SOLD (thanks Loren!)

Crafted in Montrose, Colorado, designed with a large arbor and maintenance-free drag systems, and suitable for fishing both salt and fresh water.

Drag: Delrin 500 AF with impregnated Teflon – space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free. Delrin 500AF to anodized aluminum interface – push frame friction disc drag system with redundancy radial pawl engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no startup friction)

Architecture: Fully machined 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy, 1-piece frame, 1-piece spool with a Delrin pressed hub.

Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion: Delrin hub rotating on a stainless-steel spindle (Sizes 1-3), oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless-steel spindle (Sizes 4-7), quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion.

7/8 1.15” 3.75” 6.04 oz WF7+200

This reel is in excellent shape as is the spool, with little to no wear visible.

St. Croix “Legend” LA910 in black. Not a lot of information available as St. Croix ended marketing after a relatively brief period. This is rated for 9 and 10 weight lines and I bought as a back up to use with my 8 weight switch. Seems solidly built – machined with a Delrin drag system. I never used it.

Asking $100, obo plus $5 towards shipping (U.S. only please).

Attachments

Last edited:
I have the System 4 7/8 and bought one for my grandson as well. Great reels and this is an excellent price - I would buy another except I don't need any more right now. FYI - Ross still has parts and services these reels - I just sent mine in after I dropped it and broke the spindle.

Latest posts