Sage Vantage 590-4

Anyone using this?
Maybe know when they came out or any info?

I have 8 nieces and nephews and am considering buying a pair of them along with reels (Lamson Guru & Konic both 2.0) since there's been interest shown in fly fishing from a few of them and would like to get these to have for when they come out or I go to them.

Last edited:
Probably 2010 to 2012. That is from a spreadsheet that I picked up somewhere off the web that lists Sage manufacturer dates for numerous rods, so it's unconfirmed.

I have a 3wt Vantage that I bought for my kid when he was starting out. I still enjoy using it for small waters.

toadthedry

My son owns that rod. It is a good rod. Not too fast. I do not remember what it cost. It was not one of their high end rods but is plenty good. Also sage is a great company and will do a good job of taking care if you if the rod breaks.

Lamson also is a great company. I own a guru 2. It is a mid 200 dollar reel. Good reel. The konic I believe is a cheaper reel as it is not fully machined but still a good reel.

Hope this helps.
Mike

My son owns that rod. It is a good rod. Not too fast. I do not remember what it cost. It was not one of their high end rods but is plenty good. Also sage is a great company and will do a good job of taking care if you if the rod breaks.

Lamson also is a great company. I own a guru 2. It is a mid 200 dollar reel. Good reel. The konic I believe is a cheaper reel as it is not fully machined but still a good reel.

Hope this helps.
Mike
Thanks for the response!

I went into a local fly shop yesterday and one of the guys told me that although Sage has a great warranty, it doesn't transfer? He knew of the rod and apparently owned one in high school but couldn't remember the price he paid either. He said he thought it was more of a middle of the road rod.

The search continues.....

As silly as it may seem, I've tried looking all over the internet for pricing and haven't found anything other than what people have sold them for on Ebay and almost all of them were sold for about 150.

I'll contact Sage tomorrow.

Thanks for the assistance to all! Much appreciated.

Porter

Sage Vantage

Sage’s Vantage Series fly rods give casters a high level of line feel, creating a quicker, more instinctive understanding of when to apply power. They feature a smooth, medium-fast action for maximum forgiveness and effortless loading. Performance and quality…Vantage fly rods redefine the concept of value - Every Vantage Series rod is handmade on Bainbridge Island. Click SAGE VANTAGE CLOSEOUTS for further details on all Vantage rods in our inventory.
Sale Price: $179.95
($70.00 Savings)

Thus $249.95. You can find this price and 250.00 on other retailer sites. Old pages of course. The above came from the Gorge Fly Shop, Hood River.

Some places closed out the 4 piece at $149.95.

It’s probably a $100.00- 125.00 rod today in a 4 piece.

Latest posts