Fish or Die

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
Jay , the burly bearded Samoan(sort of his self description) I consider a young friend of mine...at least back in the West-fly days...we don't have Animal planet...Dang it!...Maybe we can find episodes later...

Jay , the burly bearded Samoan(sort of his self description) I consider a young friend of mine...at least back in the West-fly days...we don't have Animal planet...Dang it!...Maybe we can find episodes later...
Ahhh, when he was a young pirate :) we were all suppose to do a ethnic picnic potluck... :)

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
I watched this also and think they are out of their element on trips like this.... unless it is common practice these days to whine about conditions. Lucky they had an outfitter to look after their butts. Also appeared greatly unprepared. 5 minutes of travel, 49 minutes of whining, 1 minute of fly choices, 5 minutes of fishing.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
I watched this also and think they are out of their element on trips like this.... unless it is common practice these days to whine about conditions. Lucky they had an outfitter to look after their butts. Also appeared greatly unprepared. 5 minutes of travel, 49 minutes of whining, 1 minute of fly choices, 5 minutes of fishing.
Not saying I would handle it any better but I had the same thought about the show. I was thinking part of it might have been the producers going overboard with the editing to portray the Fish or Die difficulties of it with a lot of drama. But there sure wasn't much fishing going on.

Would guest stars like Hank or Ladin help?

I haven't watched it, but I'm going to make an assumption that this is a production/writer choice to inject some "drama" in to the show. Most people watching don't probably care about fishing. They want to see people having a hard time.

Check the animal planet website...that's where I watched it.

good stuff. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
We don't get animal planet in our package...Ellen said the upper tier that has it is filled with kids stuff...making an increase in monthly cost for a single show a dumb thing to do...I'll watch on youtube...until they start charging which will eventually happen

I was disappointed with the amount of fishing too. The trip was epic, but IMHO they should have dedicated less than 15-20 minutes about it and spent more time focused on the Dorado.
I'll watch the Mongolian Tiamen adventure before a final grade though.

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I was disappointed with the amount of fishing too. The trip was epic, but IMHO they should have dedicated less than 15-20 minutes about it and spent more time focused on the Dorado.
I'll watch the Mongolian Tiamen adventure before a final grade though.
In essence it's an adventure show...a twisted version of Survivor...and those boyz can chuck a fly...

Last edited:

zen leecher aka bill w

born to work, forced to fish
If you are going to show reality tv... then do reality. And I don't believe these guys are the real deal unless the real deal really downsized over the years. These guys would have been laughed out of hunting camp in the 60's and 70's and even the 80's.

Latest posts