In the Heart of the Rockies

So according to NASA
A good start would be :
1. for cities to clean up their acts

2.Invest in taking co2 and ozone out of the atmosphere

3. Develop crops that grow in dryer climates.
This is a tremendously complex issue. Many things need to happen at the same time to make an impact - which is why urging congress to start addressing the issue, rather than trying to give them a solution from a non-scientific and uninformed position. There are a variety of scientifically sound proposals that need to all be considered. Frankly, we have to let scientists do the work with congress. I've been reading about climate science for years, and I wouldn't pretend to have all the answers here. Thousands of scientists from around the world have developed suggestions for governments to follow. I think we should start there.

Nuclear is one available option to cut greenhouse emissions. I like it. I also like having a variety of sources, and yes, hydro power is one of them - until something better can be realistically implemented.

I don't know much about this reactor, or nuclear in general, but I have read articles in several scientific magazines that advocate for nuclear power - both fusion and fission.

dfl

Matt, trying to reason w/Rob is like trying to teach a pig to whistle. All you're going to do is frustrate yourself and irritate the pig. Don't let him lure you into the rabbit hole.

There is an old saying that a fool can ask more questions in ten minutes than aw wise man can answer in a lifetime.

Matt, trying to reason w/Rob is like trying to teach a pig to whistle. All you're going to do is frustrate yourself and irritate the pig. Don't let him lure you into the rabbit hole.

There is an old saying that a fool can ask more questions in ten minutes than aw wise man can answer in a lifetime.
Honestly, I’m pleasantly surprised that Rob didn’t claim climate change is some sort of leftist hoax. If the small amount of information I gave in this thread helped, I’m happy with that. Any time there’s an opportunity to discuss this issue respectfully, I want to help in any way I can.

Rob Allen

This is a tremendously complex issue. Many things need to happen at the same time to make an impact - which is why urging congress to start addressing the issue, rather than trying to give them a solution from a non-scientific and uninformed position. There are a variety of scientifically sound proposals that need to all be considered. Frankly, we have to let scientists do the work with congress. I've been reading about climate science for years, and I wouldn't pretend to have all the answers here. Thousands of scientists from around the world have developed suggestions for governments to follow. I think we should start there.

"There are scientifically sound proposals from thousands of scientists around the world."

Yes i know i just mentioned 3 of them.

Rob Allen

Honestly, I’m pleasantly surprised that Rob didn’t claim climate change is some sort of leftist hoax. If the small amount of information I gave in this thread helped, I’m happy with that. Any time there’s an opportunity to discuss this issue respectfully, I want to help in any way I can.
There are lots of leftists hoaxes out there, i don't think climate change is one of them.
I just don't in general believe that government is capable of solving many problems.
I think someone figureing out how to make money by taking co2 and ozone out of the atmosphere has a much better chance of success.
Two things that will never fly is limiting peoples freedom a d taxing them to death.

Just saw this video graphic that I think may help some people with the "It's all China" narrative. This shows total carbon dioxide emissions by country since 1800.

Last edited:
But how the hell do we know what emissions were in 1810?
A variety of ways. We know how much CO2 is emitted from burning of various fossil fuels, and the power plants kept records of how much coal they bought. We also know how much gasoline and other fuels were produced and burned from around the world. We can also get glacial ice core samples that have little air bubbles trapped in them that we can measure total CO2 present in the atmosphere to check the numbers against.

I accidentally posted the wrong video above - it still works, but it's on annual emissions rather than cumulative. Here's the one I wanted to get up.

creekx

spent spinner
A variety of ways. We know how much CO2 is emitted from burning of various fossil fuels, and the power plants kept records of how much coal they bought. We also know how much gasoline and other fuels were produced and burned from around the world. We can also get glacial ice core samples that have little air bubbles trapped in them that we can measure total CO2 present in the atmosphere to check the numbers against.

I accidentally posted the wrong video above - it still works, but it's on annual emissions rather than cumulative. Here's the one I wanted to get up.
Can we get some carbon credits for the emissions that won two Word Wars?

Can we get some carbon credits for the emissions that won two Word Wars?
I think most people would be happy with us cutting our current emissions significantly and using our technological resources to develop the cleanest energy possible. Can’t change the past, but we can change our future.

But how the hell do we know what emissions were in 1810?
They can figure out the total emissions by drilling ice cores from either the north or south poll. After that I'm sure they're making assumptions about extent of industry and size of population for each country and start doling out blame that way.

Latest posts