Nailbender

Nailbender is my dad, Doug Patterson. He has been fighting heart failure for the past 10 years. When I saw him Saturday we made plans to go trout fishing this coming weekend. I'm sorry to say that he won't be able to make or plans. Yesterday afternoon I held his hand as he left us for a better place. He didn't post on here often but he enjoyed reading everyone's posts, especially when he wasn't feeling well enough to go fishing. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for giving him something he enjoyed even when he wasn't feeling his best. image00000610.jpeg

DimeBrite

XP is my angry stalker
Nick, I'm really sorry to hear this! Doug was a terrific guy, what a loss. I always enjoyed talking to him on the beaches during salmon season and exchanging stories. He was a good teacher for many of us beach anglers. I will truly miss him. I hope you and the rest of your family are doing okay.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Nick,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Even though I didn't know your dad very long, I considered him a good friend.
I truly appreciate all the help both you and he provided to me for my own fishing.
I regret not having met him earlier in my life and not having an opportunity to fish with him more.
I still remember the day he walked up and introduced himself out on the beach.
I'll miss seeing him out out there. Rest in peace Doug.
Brian

Buzzy

Very sorry for your loss. Nailbender knew how to hit a nail on the head with his thread posts, I really enjoyed his comments. Take care and thank you for sharing.

I am so truly sorry to hear this. Doug was such a good man. I didn't know him super well but I have known him for a decent handful of years. Used to run into him on the beach from time to time as well and always enjoyed chatting with him. He was the kind of guy you just couldn't help but like. Honest, direct, and clearly had a kind soul. The world has lost one of the good ones.

I have an old Loomis IMX 6 wt that Doug made up. After hearing this news this morning I was going through some gear and came across the rod. I sat at my desk and stared at that rod for quite a while thinking of some of the pleasant times I spent on the beach with him, and the conversations we had when we bumped into each other. I had actually considered off loading it a while back but I will definitely be holding onto that rod and will remember him fondly anytime I fish it.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. If there is anything the WFF community can do to help you all during this time please let us know.

RIP Doug.

Latest posts