Pattern Patricia

Here's my version of Randy Stetzer's "Patricia" (wbodger, this ones for you)

Hook: Alec Jackson spey, #3, gold
Tag & rib: medium oval gold tinsel
Tail: GP crest, dyed claret
Body: claret seal, in a dubbing loop.
Collar: claret hen
Wing: polar bear
Cheeks: jungle cock
head: claret

Attachments

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
Great job Stu. A truly beautiful fly. Can you please help me understand the angle of the jungle cock? I am more used to tying them straight back on saltwater flat wing patterns. I appreciate your sharing your art to help all of us learn.
Best regards, Steve :thumb:

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.

Steve, the angle of the JC is really personal preference. The classic books refer to the position that I tied these in as "low and drooping". Depending on the pattern I will tie them in like this, straight back, or vene at an upward angle relative to the shank.

Stu

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
Thanks Stu, I appreciate the info. It is always fun to try new methods and experiment with patterns. Thanks again for sharing your expertise.

Stu,

Nice to see your patterns again. I keep all of yours and Scotty Howell's flies tucked away for when I need inspiration for my own meager efforts at the fly tyers art.

Will you be posting the pics from your summer run swap on this site or your own, or maybe both?

REE

Ron,

Thanks... Personally, I'd steer clear of that Scotty Howell fellow :)

I'm waiting for the last 2 sets of flies for the summer run swap. I've already started taking photos, will post on my site (with a pointer here) when ready.

Stu

Davy

Very nice Stu! I have always liked moumting my JC like that- you probably have noticed.

by the way?!
Thanks for the "tubes" they are awesome-- !! Just gotta wait for winter now,LOL

Davy

Very nice Stu! gorgeous tye,,, I have always liked mounting my JC like that- you probably have noticed.

by the way?!
Thanks for the "tubes" they are awesome-- !! Just gotta wait for winter now,LOL