May Salon: Weighted Flies

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Pretty simple.
Lash three strands of chenille, estaz at the ends with thread then put the ends you tied together in your vise.
Braid the together not by twisting them, but braiding them by continually going over the top of each other.
Once you for the worm body, tie off the other end.
Add a thread base to that end and palmer bunny around it or add a piece of foam for a floating tail.
Tie the worm tail onto the hook and finish with bunny or more chenille, estaz etc if you want more of just a worm body rather then the bunny.

Look up Gulley Worm on youtube and you should find some videos.
SF

Last edited:

Tmik

Pretty simple.
Lash three strands of chenille, estaz at the ends with thread then put the ends you tied together in your vise.
Braid the together not by twisting them, but braiding them by continually going over the top of each other.
Once you for the worm body, tie off the other end.
Add a thread base to that end and palmer bunny around it or add a piece of foam for a floating tail.
Tie the worm tail onto the hook and finish with bunny or more chenille, estaz etc if you want more of just a worm body rather then the bunny.

Look up Gulley Worm on youtube and you should find some videos.
SF
How do they cast after getting wet?

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
How do they cast after getting wet?
Not bad if unweighted. A bit clunky when when weighted, but not bad.
Stuff like Estaz absorbs less water then regaular chenille. You can also make a thicker bodied worm with Estaz.
If I remember, I'll post an Estaz version tonight when I get home.
SF