NFR New Tool Album

I'm not replacing "Jump In The Fire" as my pre-musky hunting song anytime soon....

Tool has some pretty neat stuff....but after listening to a couple of songs in a row, I'm always finding myself wanting something with a bit more...

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
This thread is a nice reminder of how bad ass this band really is. The tone of the lead is perfection, they have arguably one of the best drummers in the biz, Maynard's lyrics are from a different universe, and his voice is as pure as that Hawaii air I was smoking last week.

To top it off, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, that base is sick. This shit hits harder than that Wu Tang me and Salmo like to rock at the put-in.

I just realized I have no idea what this thread is about. At first I thought we were going to discuss any new tools we've added to our collections. And I noticed that I haven't bought any new tools in a while. However, I sharpened the chain on my chainsaw yesterday, and boy, did I turn some large wood into small wood. Then I got to thinking how much my chainsaw and heavy metal sound so much alike. And the saw doesn't require any amplifiers or speakers, just some saw gas and bar oil, and let it rip!
Your chainsaw comment reminded me of a song played by my favorite metal band (Tool is not "metal") and I thought I should share the song. It's by a Swedish death metal band called Avatar.
By the way, metal concerts are the best place to take your kids. This is my kids at an Avatar concert in Spokane. I went prepared to knock someone on their ass if they messed with the kids, and was pleasantly surprised how great everyone there was. Security guys let my younger son stand close to the stage on the other side of the barrier. Bass player threw picks into the audience and 3 people gave them to the kids. I'm sure it's not the same at every metal show, but this one was pretty impressive.

Salmo_g

Thanks Matt. Tool is not metal. Not quite music either, so you can see how I misunderstood. This has me thinking however, that I could put together quite the garage band, literally in my garage, with the sounds of chainsaw, shop vac, table saw, hammer driver, and a nail gun powered by the air compressor. It would really sell, altho the market demographic would be primarily male, middle age and older, who could enjoy their favorite tool and workshop sounds on the home stereo system or on the road with a decent sound system in their fishing rigs.

Thanks Matt. Tool is not metal. Not quite music either, so you can see how I misunderstood. This has me thinking however, that I could put together quite the garage band, literally in my garage, with the sounds of chainsaw, shop vac, table saw, hammer driver, and a nail gun powered by the air compressor. It would really sell, altho the market demographic would be primarily male, middle age and older, who could enjoy their favorite tool and workshop sounds on the home stereo system or on the road with a decent sound system in their fishing rigs.
Hate to bum you out, but it exists.

I’m guessing they will continue the trend of staying off digital platforms and be a pain in the ass as usual. I’m gonna have to buy something that plays a CD and then actually but a disc how archaic.....
Maybe the new CD packaging will up their 3-d cd package w/ glasses they had for 10,000 days.

A Hologram??

tool3d.jpg

Last edited:
Your chainsaw comment reminded me of a song played by my favorite metal band (Tool is not "metal") and I thought I should share the song. It's by a Swedish death metal band called Avatar.

By the way, metal concerts are the best place to take your kids. This is my kids at an Avatar concert in Spokane. I went prepared to knock someone on their ass if they messed with the kids, and was pleasantly surprised how great everyone there was. Security guys let my younger son stand close to the stage on the other side of the barrier. Bass player threw picks into the audience and 3 people gave them to the kids. I'm sure it's not the same at every metal show, but this one was pretty impressive.
]
I agree completely. I've been to many, many metal shows, including a bunch of serious death metal shows at some majorly run down dive joints, and in spite of the perception from the outside the crowd always has a great attitude and is looking out for each other and especially kids. I took my son to his first metal show last year. Sabaton was the band he wanted to see but I was there to see Kreator. Sabaton is pretty chill as far as metal goes but Kreator is there to straight up punch you in the face. It was great how friendly the crowd was to my son. He had the time of his life

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
I look forward to fishing with you again and having this conversation!

Many have tried to convince me how great Tool is but I'll never agree. I can respect them as musicians and song writers but their music just bores me.

Next to fly fishing music has always been my other big love with metal being my main focus.
How do you feel about PRIMUS?

Latest posts