NFR New Tool Album

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Will take weeks and more to digest, good weeks they will be
Yeah I'm on my second time through and it is even better. The quality and complexity of the recording is incredible. There is so much depth and layering. Pure auditory bliss.

The crunch and tone of Jones' guitar is second only to Mike Houser, imo.

I could see this stuff being absolutely off the hook depending on one's state of mind...

Nick Clayton

I gave this album a couple spins a few weeks ago, just to see if my tastes had changed, and nope...they haven't. I still don't get it. Oh well, to each their own.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
I gave this album a couple spins a few weeks ago, just to see if my tastes had changed, and nope...they haven't. I still don't get it. Oh well, to each their own.
Took me a lonnnnnnnng time to warm up to Tool. I used to acknowledge they were good, didn't actively dislike it, but didn't get the hype. Same thing with Radiohead. For both bands, though, something clicked one day and now they're both solidly in my top 5 bands ever.

Peyton00

I rolled thru the new album the other day while doing yardwork. Solid performance.

Radiohead are legit.
Ok computer rocks.

Jeremy Floyd

Veðrfölnir
Hindsight; Album has a couple highlights. I probably wouldn’t buy the album if they weren’t one of my fav’s. I only listen to three of the songs.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Hindsight; Album has a couple highlights. I probably wouldn’t buy the album if they weren’t one of my fav’s. I only listen to three of the songs.
As much as I love Tool, I'm kind of in the same camp. With each of their albums, there's really only 3-4 tracks top that I end up truly enjoying.

Gyrfalcon2015

Wild Trout
You guys are all added to my ignore list and not invited to my all-expenses-paid Alaska lodge trip for Tool Fans!!
: )

Kidding, you'd have found a bill waiting for you on the pending return floatplane trip either way....

Sounds like cheap tickets and empty stadiums ahead for the band...

@Swimmy -any help here on the the album? I am really enjoying it

Last edited:

jamma

I would like to share this post from guitarist Mike Vennart:
if you like Tool then check out the new album by Tool it sounds JUST like Tool #tool

Jeremy Floyd

Veðrfölnir
You guys are all added to my ignore list and not invited to my all-expenses-paid Alaska lodge trip for Tool Fans!!
: )

Kidding, you'd have found a bill waiting for you on the pending return floatplane trip either way....

Sounds like cheap tickets and empty stadiums ahead for the band...

@Swimmy -any help here on the the album? I am really enjoying it
I’ve been around.. I almost never have an absence of music playing, and it needs a certain depth to it. Pentatonic in the same key 99% of the time gets repetitive..

I still love them! They have carried those 11 notes close to as far as humanly possible using time signature.

Nick Clayton

Took me a lonnnnnnnng time to warm up to Tool. I used to acknowledge they were good, didn't actively dislike it, but didn't get the hype. Same thing with Radiohead. For both bands, though, something clicked one day and now they're both solidly in my top 5 bands ever.

That's basically how I feel about them. I dont think they're terrible, and I can recognize the skill the band possesses but to my ear it just doesn't do anything for me.

I've been a metal fan my entire life, and listen to a ton of heavy music. My taste have changed over the years and the last 8 years or so I've gotten into a lot of slower, technical, moody heavy music....which is why I gave this album a couple spins thinking I may appreciate it more, but I just dont.

I know a ton of people that love Radiohead but other than a couple of their popular songs I've never really listened to them. I like the new iTunes subscription cause I can listen to just about anything I want...maybe I'll spend some time with them one of these evenings while tying flies