Bass in Garfield/Asotin Counties

Cliff

I'm heading to the Asotin area this weekend to hunt turkeys and if I have time, I would like to try fishing for bass. I recently found a tackle box full of bass gear that I acquired over 25 years ago and never fished, and I'm interested in trying these lures out to see how they work and how to fish them. I don't have time for any expeditions and I'm hoping I can find some ponds or creeks near Hwy 26 or further SE. The only place I'm familiar with is a turnout on the Tucannon River, and I don't know if it's even open. This idea is really more for learning how to fish this gear, rather than catching fish. I always release my fish. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Cliff

Last edited:

Cliff

I'm sorry to be late on this reply. I didn't realize I had a response so long after my initial post. I was able to fish on that weekend in the Grande Ronda above the Snake and did very well. Thank you for responding to my post.

HackleHound0091

Yeah, sorry about that, replied before i saw the date, duh... yeah, the G R has a lot of smallies, not a good thing for the steelhead smolts,,,just like the John Day

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts