Feather Emporium

tackleman

In spite of the recent experiences of some buyers, I can't help but think that the man might be going through some personal difficulties that could be creating the problems. For years he was the source of quality materials for a lot of people. I do hope the failed orders are resolved and that FE can get back on his feet. Mental illness is possibly the most common illness in NA and the least recognized and allowed for.

b_illymac

WFF Moderator
In spite of the recent experiences of some buyers, I can't help but think that the man might be going through some personal difficulties that could be creating the problems. For years he was the source of quality materials for a lot of people. I do hope the failed orders are resolved and that FE can get back on his feet. Mental illness is possibly the most common illness in NA and the least recognized and allowed for.
Then he should be responsible and close up shop for awhile or state there will be a delay to orders going out for awhile due to health reasons. Most people are pretty reasonible with a delay in shipping of a custom item as long as there is good communication before hand and that communication is accurate ie hey item will go out Monday of next week.

The term "recent experiences of some buyers" from tackleman's post rang a gong somewhere in my old brain. Googled "Feather Emporium" again to find the dates of some of the complaints. Earliest ones noticed without re-reading all of them...a disheartening undertaking...produced some from February, 2015. That is more than four years ago. So the seller being excoriated has indeed enjoyed the benefit of the doubt for at least four years.

Tinker

Coigrich
I contacted Feather Emporium in January 2016 asking for information about one of their capes. Never got a reply to email or a call back, so first-hand: they stopped being responsive to inquiries a bit more than 3 years ago.

TroutMadness

I've bought from them several times and not had any problems. The necks and saddles have been great quality too. Maybe I've just gotten lucky...

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister
i too have never had a bad experience buy from feather emporium

i dont know why he doesnt hire a local teenager part time to help him out with sending out orders and correspondence.

tackleman

Please don't make him the typical victim of on-line negative reports! There are several recent good reports about FE over on the Classic Rod forum, and good reports are seldom made. Let's not be a forum of bashers.

Adam Saarinen

I know a older guy in Australia who's daughter was working in America & he asked if the capes & saddles were in comercial packaging & was told Yes! He ordered some & they were sent to his daughter before she came home to Australia. His order was confiskated by customs because they were all in normal zip lock bags with no labeling! He was pissed off!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock