FS/T Hardy Zephrus 9’0 5wt., Sage Z Axis 9’0 9 wt, Orvis flies

Chic Worthing

WFF Supporter
You are welcome. Now remove the temptation and buy it. Any rod that compares to the Zenuth as well as the Zephrus did is worth having.

Last edited:

Bugmeister

Hey Brian - I am currently looking for a Zenith in this exact flavor. But have been giving some thought to the Zephrus just to see what I think of it. Have you ever cast any of the Zenith to compare? Maybe you could sell me on it.

I have the 8’10” one piece 4 wt Zenith, but haven’t cast the 5 wt Zenith. Tough to compare apples to apples, as my impression is the one piece series was fairly unique.

Kolledog

WFF Supporter
I've had a 9-ft 5-weight 4-piece Zenith, then the same rod as a Zephrus. I found a 5-weight one piece Zenith. Worlds better than either the 4-piece Zenith or Zephrus. Liked it so much I also got a 4-weight one-piece Zenith. Astoundingly good rods up close to far away. A total point-and-shoot rod. If you can deal with an 8-ft 10-inch rod that doesn't break down into pieces, it's worth looking for one of the one-piece rods. Hope this isn't confusing....

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts