WTB Flies for Yucatán

flyfishmt

I am planning on a week trip to the Casa Blanca Lodge. Casa Blanca sits on the northern tip of a small, coastal island called Isla Punta Pajaros, located in the southern waters of Ascension Bay.
I was wondering if anyone had a selection of tarpon, bonefish, and permit flies that you would be interested in selling.

Please PM me.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Richard E

I am planning on a week trip to the Yucatán peninsula and was wondering if anyone had a selection of tarpon, bonefish, and permit flies that you would be interested in selling.

Please PM me.

Thank you.
You should post which part of the Yucatán; the guides down south like different flies than those in the north part, etc. if you’re going through an outfitter or trip organizer, they’ll have some specific tips on fly size and selections. I’d you’re doing DIY, then hit the Internet and figure out which work best specifically for your location and time you’ll be fishing. You won’t use the same flies for baby tarpon as for adult tarpon, and so on.

golfman44

5-Time Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year
I have a decent # of baby tarpon flies I tied for my trip earlier this year to the yucatan.

Screenshot_20190129-092000~2.png

Tarpon on the fly is amazing, enjoy your trip

Last edited:

flyfishmt

You should post which part of the Yucatán; the guides down south like different flies than those in the north part, etc. if you’re going through an outfitter or trip organizer, they’ll have some specific tips on fly size and selections. I’d you’re doing DIY, then hit the Internet and figure out which work best specifically for your location and time you’ll be fishing. You won’t use the same flies for baby tarpon as for adult tarpon, and so on.
It is the Casa Blanca Lodge. Casa Blanca sits on the northern tip of a small, coastal island called Isla Punta Pajaros, located in the southern waters of Ascension Bay.

Hopefully you will have a good selection of Crabs .... great Permit water and of course Bones I used standard Cockroaches and toads when I was in the area 5 or 6 years ago...even got one tarpon to eat a gurgler..... have fun.....