What is this pattern?

Paul Norton

I got this at a fly swap years ago (2007-2010ish I think). Might have actually been around Christmas of one of those years...

I'm curious what this is supposed to be, but if the tier is still on this site, um, thanks, there was another, not pictured, but just like it, that caught a handful of really hard fighting rainbow trout, one of which was probably 26" (Pay-to-play place in Oregon.)

Every time one of the other guys asked me what I was using I gave it a different name finally landing on Damsel-Dragon-fly-adult-with-extended body... They didn't seem to like that name.

I believe it's just deer hair, closed cell foam, thread, and a little epoxy/resin or something to help the body keep its shape. I figured out how to tie them, just not what to call them.

Thanks!

Paul
P.S. I've been off the site a long time, but I'm finding myself back here recently, so, "Hi."

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 173

silvercreek

WFF Supporter
Probably supposed to be a dragon fly since a damsels have thinner bodies. Also the wrong color for the common blue damsel although the immature teneral is brown.

Brown dragon fly

4627938599_e16b48ce5e_z.jpg

Blue Damsel immature teneral

27588070721_80fb4491a2.jpg

Paul Norton

Probably supposed to be a dragon fly since a damsels have thinner bodies. Also the wrong color for the common blue damsel although the immature teneral is brown.

Brown dragon fly

4627938599_e16b48ce5e_z.jpg

Blue Damsel immature teneral

27588070721_80fb4491a2.jpg

Thanks, had seen some damsels the color of that immature teneral, was curious what they were, but you just cleared that up for me.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info