NFR Hot spotting

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
From your article jersey (i was trying to copy and reply to your post but couldn’t get it to stick cause the forum is kind of acting wacky these days) is what speaks to me:

“You have to qualify to run the Boston or the New York marathons, or to participate in the Iron Man in Hawaii," he said. "You don’t have to qualify to climb the highest mountain in the world. And that’s not right."

Pack it in pack it out doesn’t apply here....sad as it is the poster child for climbing and the dirtiest mountain full of garbage there is...the Govt. is getting lots of moola and it’s hard to take money away from people who are “use to it” now. They will continue to cattle drive that route until the lip collapses or the whole shelf gives way with global warming! YEAH I SAID IT..GLOBAL WARMING :)
The guides/outfits like Russell Price’s seem like crooks.. Watch “ Everest - beyond the limit “ ...you’ll see why. Cheers

Also I was explaining to my in-laws that when you die up there.....you aren’t coming down. You are as much apart of the landscape as that rock over there now.
An adventurist sets out to take it all in, i admire whoever they are.. I’d like to think I’m a quirky adventurous squirrel on a crooked path to memories myself.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
10 dead so far this season and everyone of those climbers in that line left a dozen oxagen bottls on the mountain, as well as all the other trash associated with climbing it. Close it down to only the truly capable and charge twice as much, I read an artical that stated it only costs 11k now. There was a reality show about the climb about 10ysr ago, it was totally disgusting. Showed just how corupt the company's where, and coerced to get the climbers to the summit.

I bet most responders to this thread would have a tough time climbing a step stool.....with or without a sherpa.
Many years ago my sons Boy Scout troop got into rock climbing and climbed many of the local spots. Then they decided to add to try and add an overnight rock climbing trip and decided not to. The number one deal killer was poop and pee management, not that it can't be done, but it's really complicated and requires skill not to expose yourself and everyone else to bacteria. I'll never cave again!

At least on Everest it's frozen.

Krusty

None of this really matters; we, and the debris of humanity, are merely dandruff that Mother Earth will eventually discard with a shrug. We're just minerals waiting for recycling.

Really quite comforting, when you think about it. All our 'important' daily angst doesn't mean dog-squat.

Last edited:

FinLuver

None of this really matters; we, and the debris of humanity, are merely dandruff that Mother Earth will eventually discard with a shrug. We're just minerals waiting for recycling.

Really quite comforting, when you think about it. All our 'important' daily angst doesn't mean dog-squat.
We're just two-legged worker bees in the colony... ;)

Last edited:

SilverFly

Very true. That mountain itself is just ancient seafloor rocks that are being thrust into the sky by a colossal head-on collision of tectonic plates. Something to ponder the next time seasoning a dish with Himalayan pink "sea" salt.

Rob Allen

The only response i have to this is to remind people of a great Patrick McManus story. I won't tell it as masterfully as he.

So he and his buddy were traipsing their canoe through the hills to a secret fishing spot when they came across a couple mountain climbers. The climbers look at them funny and ask " what are you doing here? This is thr north face of Mount Terrible. We are making an assault on it."

Pat's buddy replies, " this thing you are building, wouldn't it be easier to make it on level ground?"

Latest posts