Illegal Fish Handling?

jasmillo

Not sure if he is breaking laws. Yes or no, there is no debate as to whether or not he is a f*$¥i@g moron.

Come on, look at that mustache...

All kidding aside, would one of you Montana boys find this dude and provide a little enlightenment. It’s almost 2020 for christ’s sake....

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
Not sure if he is breaking laws. Yes or no, there is no debate as to whether or not he is a f*$¥i@g moron.

Come on, look at that mustache...

All kidding aside, would one of you Montana boys find this dude and provide a little enlightenment. It’s almost 2020 for christ’s sake....
The guy is 200 miles away, so I asked FWP to enlighten him for me.

Last edited:
Guy is certainly a tool. However, not enough evidence here to cite him for anything.

FWP-

“It is legal to photograph your trophy catch, however, it is essential that you minimize or eliminate the need to take the fish out of water. Ferguson and Tufts (1992) showed that nearly 40 percent of exhausted trout that were kept out of water for 30 seconds died; it rises to almost 70 percent if they are kept out of the wa- ter for 60 seconds. Have everything ready to take a photo before you handle the fish and try not to squeeze the fish or put your hands in its gills. Release the fish as quickly as possible”.

If there was a video of this guy mishandling the Bull Trout for an extended amount of time, he could be on the hook for “failing to immediately release a Bull Trout”.

Here a good example of a few clowns that got caught over handling Bull Trout.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spok...lm-crew-fined-for-violating-/?amp-content=amp

Last edited:

Kyle Smith

DBA BozoKlown406
Guy is certainly a tool. However, not enough evidence here to cite him for anything.

FWP-

“It is legal to photograph your trophy catch, however, it is essential that you minimize or eliminate the need to take the fish out of water. Ferguson and Tufts (1992) showed that nearly 40 percent of exhausted trout that were kept out of water for 30 seconds died; it rises to almost 70 percent if they are kept out of the wa- ter for 60 seconds. Have everything ready to take a photo before you handle the fish and try not to squeeze the fish or put your hands in its gills. Release the fish as quickly as possible”.

If there was a video of this guy mishandling the Bull Trout for an extended amount of time, he could be on the hook for “failing to immediately release a Bull Trout”.

Here a good example of a few clowns that got caught over handling Bull Trout.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/feb/24/montana-fly-fishing-film-crew-fined-for-violating-/?amp-content=amp
Per the regs, I think you are correct. I like the keep the protected fish in the water rule you have in WA (right?).

jasmillo

If you have any integrity you will follow up when it becomes known.
I’m not sure I know exactly what you mean by this but let’s see if I can salvage some integrity here.;

I’m sorry to all hipsters in CA and Belltown for my poor attempt at humor in said post. Not being funny is a character flaw of mine. I should know this about myself by now and should not be attempting jokes at the expense of such an underserving group of fine folks as yourselves. It truly was a lame and unoriginal attempt and for that, I am sorry.

Does that work? Hope so. Getting too old to stomach the loss of much more integrity.

Correct me if I'm wrong please. It is my understanding that it in some European countries (Germany, Switzerland, ?) it is necessary to pass a test in order to get a fishing licence. Does that test include recommended fish handling procedures, and does that licence then legally obligate you to handle fish in the proscribed manner?

Latest posts