WTB Books, maps, intel on trout fishing Patagonia/Argentina

Just putting it out there....you never know who has something you need and they no longer do.

Really any information at all on trout fishing in southern Argentina - fishing maps, guidebooks, anything that would be helpful in preparing for a trout fishing trip down there. Just let me know what you have and the price. I'll pay normal shipping fees. Thank you!

Only have a little info on the Limay, but if you need advice on steakhouses in Bariloche let me know. Haha. Just got back from there not long ago.

What area are you aiming? DIY? Guided? Lodge? Backpacker?
Lots of different options.
I believe what's considered northern Patagonia, with the notable rivers being Alumine, Malleo, Chimehuin, Collon Cura. Since we've never been there before, this would likely be with an outfitter, fully supported.

For me, researching a destination is an integral part of the trip, and I find I get more out the experience by having some prior understanding of an area, biological, geological and importantly cultural.

I believe what's considered northern Patagonia, with the notable rivers being Alumine, Malleo, Chimehuin, Collon Cura. Since we've never been there before, this would likely be with an outfitter, fully supported.

For me, researching a destination is an integral part of the trip, and I find I get more out the experience by having some prior understanding of an area, biological, geological and importantly cultural.
The Aluminé basin has great alternatives, and less fishing pressure than Chimehuín/Collon Curá areas. From spring creeks (some very technical) to medium sized rivers and great stillwater fishing too (Rivers Aluminé, Quillén, Pulmarí, Malalco, Calfiquitra come to my mind immediatly). All within 50 mi from Aluminé City.
Nice healthy rainbows Nov/Dec, then Feb/Mar (feeding on the willow tree worm hatch, a delicacy!), and the brown trout run (specially in Aluminé river) in May.
Good guides down there, but can absolutely recommend Juan Ignacio Ochoa. Great guy!
PM me for details on Juan.

Latest posts