FS Scott Radian 9 weight 9 foot

Madison2

I used this in salt and did not take care of it like I should have, there is a little corrosion on it and some of the guides have rust on them. Definitely not in premium condition so I am willing to ship it to you for $295

Attachments

Last edited:

Jake

(not really a sea otter)
Scott will fix it for $50 if you’re the original owner. If you’re concerned that it’s a misuse and not a damage warranty claim, so they won't repair it, per my understanding of what a Scott employee told me to do, break a couple of sections in half and then send it in.

Last edited:
I'm sorry in advance if I'm offending you Jake, but this sort of suggestion reeks of dishonesty. There has been much discussion about "Mike Melfa" cheating WFFC members on this site. To encourage WFFC members to cheat others, whether they be manufacturers or individuals is tantamount to the same thing.

Jake

(not really a sea otter)
I'm sorry in advance if I'm offending you Jake, but this sort of suggestion reeks of dishonesty. There has been much discussion about "Mike Melfa" cheating WFFC members on this site. To encourage WFFC members to cheat others, whether they be manufacturers or individuals is tantamount to the same thing.
The intent is not to be dishonest. Scott does not ask why a rod is broken, and they don’t seem to care. They price rod replacements into the price of their rods, which is why they offer their warranty.

I’m February I was fishing in sub zero weather and my fly line froze in the tip mid-strip, and snapped the tip right off. I was counseled by a Scott employee to save myself the $50 plus shipping and repair the rod myself (only 1/2” was missing from the top section), then if I ever needed to send the rod in for a different break to snap off my self-repaired tip and get that section repaired also. I don’t see how it’s wrong to do what they themselves told me to do.

According to them, repairing a damaged rod is repairing a damaged rod. It costs them the same amount to do a warranty repair if you break it while fishing, slam it in a car door, break it while fighting off a badger, sit on it, etc.

But do what you will.