Going to AA today

Porter

Avid Angler?

They have a used gear sale today plus rod demo day as reps from Sage, G.Loomis, etc will be there.

Info on their site. starts around 2pm.

I fear putting a Asquith or Meridian in my hand, but I must go forth and try them. That way I'll know how lucky some are.

Porter

Casted/tested several rods. The Asquith was a top gamer and the Meridian were good but long casters for sure. But the one I liked best was the scot radian 6 weight. Wow. The meridian 6 is good too but not until 50 feet out or more. Kinda heavy compared to Radian.
I tried asqiuth in 6 and 7 weight. Awesome rods. But the 6 Radian was the best for me. Easily casted 30-40 plus great strength to punch it out. Very light in hand.

Porter

Casted/tested several rods. The Asquith was a top gamer and the Meridian were good but long casters for sure. But the one I liked best was the scot radian 6 weight. Wow. The meridian 6 is good too but not until 50 feet out or more. Kinda heavy compared to Radian.
I tried asqiuth in 6 and 7 weight. Awesome rods. But the 6 Radian was the best for me. Easily casted 30-40 plus great strength to punch it out. Very accurate too. Very light in hand.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
While I haven't personally had problems with Rio lines, except for a few reels/spools I have been/am still switching over to Airflo & SA lines. I have read too many reports of Rio issues here, so I got proactive about swapping-out those I use most often.

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to drop the money on an Asquith. They are very fine rods, no doubt, but pretty stiff. When I was looking for a new rod I cast one alongside an NRX LP and wound up buying the NRX. It is also an extremely fine rod but quite a bit less money. I am very happy with the purchase.

DimeBrite

XP is my angry stalker
The 7wt Asquith is remarkably light and accurate, great for flats fishing. I watched Anil drill a ton of bonefish, trevally, and triggers with this rod a couple years ago.

RIO cold water lines have issues, but their tropical fly lines have worked very well for me.

Latest posts