Burkheimer 489 dal

Mtbright

I am picking up my new burk 489 in the next few days and have a couple of questions. I have 2 4wt reels a Bauer RX 1 and a hatch 3, I plan on the hatch on the burk because it seems to handle the bigger reel better, and then keep the Bauer on my 486 X. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the burk and what lines have worked for them, I have rio gold that I like on the sage, probably stick with a rio gold, but would like to know what others think.

Summer is finally here land I will be in north west Oregon for 5weeks before I have to go back to teach, so I get to get out on the water and use all this stuff....

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I would like summer to get here in Montana but that isn't going to happen very soon. It is supposed to get down to 36 tonight. . Maybe even get some snow. Getting tired of late spring.

Sorry. don't know anything about those rods and reels. Just wanted to comment on no summer.

I have that exact same rod in the Vintage model and love it. I use a Rio Gold 4wt floating forward on a Hardy Duchess 4 /5 /6 (3 1/4 diameter) . I was down in Oregon a year ago and let my fishing guide try it out. He fell in love with the rod and didn't want to put it down.

Rob Allen

I am picking up my new burk 489 in the next few days and have a couple of questions. I have 2 4wt reels a Bauer RX 1 and a hatch 3, I plan on the hatch on the burk because it seems to handle the bigger reel better, and then keep the Bauer on my 486 X. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the burk and what lines have worked for them, I have rio gold that I like on the sage, probably stick with a rio gold, but would like to know what others think.

Summer is finally here land I will be in north west Oregon for 5weeks before I have to go back to teach, so I get to get out on the water and use all this stuff....
Cortland 444 Double taper 4 is a great line for that rod.

Mtbright

I have that exact same rod in the Vintage model and love it. I use a Rio Gold 4wt floating forward on a Hardy Duchess 4 /5 /6 (3 1/4 diameter) . I was down in Oregon a year ago and let my fishing guide try it out. He fell in love with the rod and didn't want to put it down.

Yea that is what I have heard. Thanks for the info.

dogsnfish

I have the 489 but not the DAL. I tried gold, SA, and an Airflo. The Airflo super-dri worked best for me. I use an older model abel TR2.

Mtbright

Picked it up and casted it with a few lines rio gold and SA mastery mpx. Both performed well but the mpx, seemed to load the rod a little better. So I put the mpx on the burk and will use the gold for the sage.

Latest posts