Patagonia Service

Yep. Same service. I had purchased an SST wading jacket years earlier. I sent it to them in hopes that they could repair the lining because the coating had begun to deteriorate. I got a new SST in the mail about a week later. They ran $495 at the time. They make great products and stand by them with their service.
The same thing happened to me on one of the first versions of my SST jackets and they sent me a brand new one. I think I’m on my 4th or 5th one now, with no subsequent issues.

Wait up you guys.................

$549. For wading boots. Dude. Duuuuuuuude......
What if they last you 10-15 years?

Consider the carbon footprint “pun not intended “ of going through 3-5 pairs of other boots in the same timeframe.

Unfortunately I haven’t had the same warranty experience. The Patagonia stuff I’ve bought going back to the mid 90s is still going strong so no need for warranty. I’ve been through a few pairs of boots and waders but I accept these have limited lifespans.

...I’ve been through a few pairs of boots and waders but I accept these have limited lifespans.
I don’t return stuff unnecessarily either.

I usually use my gear until the end of their “limited lifespan” as well. The average age of the rods and reels I use is around 80 years old in fact :eek:.

In this case both soles of the first pair of boots came off well before their time, and the folks at Patagonia agreed. Like you all my other gear from Patagonia has been stellar, as I’ve said
I commend them for going beyond my expectations by replacing with their current version of the boots, which was the reason I wanted to post to everyone here.
Great company!

Bob Rankin

Chasing fur and fish every second I get :)
I did notice that they were a little on the heavy side, but so were the ones they replaced.

I actually haven't used them yet as I haven't been out fishing this week. Headed to Canada next week for a couple of weeks and will give them a thorough workout so will let you know.

My hunch is that they will grip even better than the old ones (which were really good!) because of the improved and more aggressive aluminum bars they're using now. I suspect the soles will stay put. It looks as though Danner did a skookum job of sewing them on!

Also make sure the screws are all the way tight. They will work themselves loose. I had to replace a cleat that came off. Luckily they come with 2 sets of replacements and an Allen wrench.

Also make sure the screws are all the way tight. They will work themselves loose. I had to replace a cleat that came off. Luckily they come with 2 sets of replacements and an Allen wrench.
I’ll keep an eye on them, thanks.
Yep, a baggie in the box contained a full set of extra cleats, screws and... a spare pair of laces as well.

Back in the old days when Eddie Bauer was Eddie Bauer and mail order only, they had the super guarantee, 'if not satisfied send it back, for refund or replacement'. L.L. .Bean's was similar. Top quality merchandise, knowledge and service. Imported items where top quality. I still have 2 coats and 2 sleeping bags from Eddie, made right, made here, in Seattle.

Latest posts