Caddis Cases

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Cased caddis probably don't get fished often enough. I had a day on the Metolious when the fish didn't want anything else and I had plenty of them! Unforgettable.

That was a well made video. Since 99% of the population have no idea what a caddis is it was very informative as well.

Now if they could just explain the life cycle of the Foam Eyed Boobie.......

Buzzy

WFF Supporter
Cased caddis probably don't get fished often enough. I had a day on the Metolious when the fish didn't want anything else and I had plenty of them! Unforgettable.

That was a well made video. Since 99% of the population have no idea what a caddis is it was very informative as well.

Now if they could just explain the life cycle of the Foam Eyed Boobie.......
Several years ago I chatted with a young guy who was cleaning two big rainbow trout caught in a BC lake. Both trout were full of stone cased caddis. I was surprised that the trout were eating caddis in their cases and believe the trout were literally feeding on the bottom. Bottom feeders?

Old406Kid

In my earlier years, like 1980 or so, I swore by George Anderson's Peeking Caddis.
My go to nymph back then and also the first fly I learned to tie.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts