Forlorn lakes camping

We are trying to expand our horizons and go somewhere else than our favorite stomping grounds in Oregon. Forlorn lakes look to be only about 2hrs away from Portland, but I am totaly unfamiliar with this campground. This is just a weekend family trip, and planning on spending quality time with the family, most likely will not even fish. Anyone spend anytime there? Difficult to find a spot there?

We are trying to expand our horizons and go somewhere else than our favorite stomping grounds in Oregon. Forlorn lakes look to be only about 2hrs away from Portland, but I am totaly unfamiliar with this campground. This is just a weekend family trip, and planning on spending quality time with the family, most likely will not even fish. Anyone spend anytime there? Difficult to find a spot there?
Call Mt Adams ranger station in Trout Lake, WA @ 509.395.3402. Hours 8am-4:30pm for info.

You are about 30 years too late. Yes, its 2h from Portland/Vancouver, and the area is literally overrun with ass-hats because of it. Campsites and lake-sides are trampled to bare dirt or mud. You need to arrive on Weds. for a weekend campsite. Last 5-10 years have seen an explosion of idiots on ATVs driving up and down the roads all day kicking up massive amounts of dust, screw silence and solitude. Fishing in the lakes is generally poor. Goose is close, but definitely worse from the clown-show perspective...Last time I was there the camp-host site looked like a homeless camp. All lakes have suffered from climate change and the lava-tube drain at Goose.
Yes, I am bitter.

Latest posts