Day Creek Access

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I have fished that creek, but it was a long time ago.You used to be able to access it from the lake cavanaugh road but they stuck a gate there. Caught some nice fish from there. But it was a bitch to access it it sits down iin a canyon.

From this excerpt from the guide,
"Unless otherwise listed in Special Rules, you must follow the Statewide Rules (pages 4, 14-15).
Washington Sport Fishing Rules: Effective July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020"

I understand it as all State Wide Fresh Water must follow the state Rules and Regs if it is not listed in the Special Rules Section.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am new to WA and the rules.
It's very confusing for sure. A few years ago Washington changed the general approach to the regs such that if a river is not listed then it's closed. However, that seems to conflict with the statement on page 13: "If a freshwater area is not listed in Special Rules, follow the Statewide Freshwater Rules."

So maybe they changed back to the old way and didn't tell us? Or maybe we interpreted the rule change incorrectly a few years ago and they are now clarifying?

Last edited:
It's very confusing for sure. A few years ago Washington changed the general approach to the regs such that if a river is not listed then it's closed. However, that seems to conflict with the statement on page 13: "If a freshwater area is not listed in Special Rules, follow the Statewide Freshwater Rules."

So maybe they changed back to the old way and didn't tell us? Or maybe we interpreted the rule change incorrectly a few years ago and they are now clarifying?
They changed it back. They told us. It’s in the regs.

Latest posts