American river

Philonius

Let's all pile on the new guy....

As you see, people here tend not to give away much free intel, or think it's a good idea to attract attention to any particular spot. But really, pretty much anybody can look at a map and start wondering. I can tell you this, it is wet, and it does have fish. In my limited experience, they seemed more skittish than expected. Since no one else has said it yet; go check it out yourself. That's nearly always a good time even if the fishing isn't too hot.

Peyton00

Pick your spots wisely. Check the grade and flows. Lots of large rocky sections with small pocket water ,not worth the wading(imo).

You find the good water. You will have a hoot.

Post all the intel you desire and recognize it may hinder your future results due to additional pressure.

Cheers!

Skip Enge

Uck Uck Uck, bitches
I always loved the American...i mean the first time I fished it long ago I could not get over the granitic rocks...Rock hopping expected the judges hiding in the trees to hold up 9's and 10's for sticking the rock hop landing's...here on the wet side is freakin' slippery...I digress, I am less mobile...it's just a memory.

Cos

1x hook + 1x unlucky chicken = fish.
Pick your spots wisely. Check the grade and flows. Lots of large rocky sections with small pocket water ,not worth the wading(imo).
Cheers!
One such rocky creek, I waded for hours without a single bite. It was slippery and the water was up to my waist at times.
On my way back, I found a pocket full of cutts, right by the side of the road. There were so many of them, and so eager to eat. Don't underestimate those rocky streams!

Last time I was up on the american, I found a backpack washed up on the rocks with two pairs of waders in it. Left it over by the trail crossing. Hopefully they found their way back to their owners.

Latest posts