Flies you keep on your patch simply for street cred

dragless

I find that if you have “beads” all over the patch, hanging on the cap, and then also slather large amounts of “real roe”all over yourself, couple things happen:
1.No one talks toyou on the river,lake,slough or beach.
2.Girls avoid you like the plague( that’s a good thing, as they can get annoying).
3.When fishing is slow, all kinds of carnivores come check you out...

Boxer

Any foam steelhead skater with visible teeth marks, and then I say something like “this one got chewed too many times so I retired it”.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Any foam steelhead skater with visible teeth marks, and then I say something like “this one got chewed too many times so I retired it”.
It ain't foam, but the rest applies, including the bent hook. The body isn't dubbing. It's the rest of the deer hair tail with wire ribbed to make it last. What it looks like in the pick is after a half dozen steelhead get a hold of it.
GL001.jpg

Jim B

Don’t be fooled. Today, guys in patched waders fishing 25 year old rods are just fly fisherhipsters.
I’ve come across many.

You must have seen me on the river, with my old patched Simms "guide" waders and my 25+ year old Powell SH and Sage "brownie" 2H rods :D

Last edited:

jasmillo

The workers at the local McDonald's drive thru window base their Puget Sound fly selection off what they see on my dash.

View attachment 207151
The one time I met Nick, I have to say his dashboard patch was impressive. More specifically, the giant ling cod flies. You’d need a few dozen training runs up MT Si before trying to carry those around on a traditional patch.

Also, I recently saw him at the local 24 hour fitness. I guess he plans to carry them on his hat next season...

1563812733966.gif

Swimmy

I have an amazing collection of fishing shirts
Congrats Dustin on your Certificate of Recognition. Looks like you are constantly developing new skills!

Latest posts