Missoula Aug 11-13

Mems

If the temps are too high fish the West fork of the Bitteroot. It is a tail water out of painted rocks reservoir. It would be too low to float though. Mems.

pogeybait

if a member goes on a trip without posting about it, does he really go on a trip at all?

just giving ya a hard time bro but these threads with river names seem to be near constant lol.
Considering that there are probably 30-50 hedge fund managers and I-bankers on the Bitterroot at any given time, I think we can safely assume that the river is no longer anyone's secret.

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Considering that there are probably 30-50 hedge fund managers and I-bankers on the Bitterroot at any given time, I think we can safely assume that the river is no longer anyone's secret.
remind me again where i claimed it was a secret? k thanks ill be waiting.

SERE Nate

Decided to leave the raft at home due to parking issues where we are staying in Missoula (wilma) and we're just going to spend a few days wading at Rock Creek and maybe the Blackfoot. Thanks for everyones help! Feel free to PM me if you have any good intel on Rock Creek.

CWrig

How's Rock Creek for crowds this weekend? I'll probably be driving through that area next weekend and want to fish for a morning. I'll have my young dog with me though which could be problematic. When I fish with her it's usually in remote spots and she's pretty well behaved at the river, but she loves people and I can imagine nobody wants an excited dog coming to greet them while they're fishing. If there are some quieter sections maybe I'll follow through with Rock Creek, otherwise will try to find a less busy river

fivefish

I did pretty well Friday evening and yesterday morning on the CF near town. In the evening, I was picking up fish on a hopper dropper rig. Yesterday morning I put on an adams because it was the only small dry I had, and was catching fish almost every cast, including a large fish that I lost.

Yesterday afternoon was a huge thunderstorm, and although it cleared up before dark, the fishing completely shut down except for pikeminnows.

Biggest fish landed was an 18" brown, with a lot of 12-16" cutts and cuttbows mixed in. Heading back to WA today, and I'm going to miss this place.

wetswinger

Check the state fish and game web site for boat access to the Bitterroot and Clarks Fork. I've had good days near the Florence bridge on the Bitterroot and just downstream between W. Missoula and Frenchtown on the Clarks. The Clarks has some hogs in it. This is wading from the bank as I don't have a boat.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Check the state fish and game web site for boat access to the Bitterroot and Clarks Fork. I've had good days near the Florence bridge on the Bitterroot and just downstream between W. Missoula and Frenchtown on the Clarks. The Clarks has some hogs in it. This is wading from the bank as I don't have a boat.
Clark Fork does not have an "s:" in it. It is the Clark Fork. If you are going to name the rivers you fish here in Montana please get them wrote down right.

By the way there is a Clarks Fork and it runs into the Yellowstone I believe. They are about 300 miles apart.

Latest posts