Trip Report Swinging for kings (I mean pikeminnow?!?!)

I have been fly fishing for a little while (mostly trout). However, I just started my endeavor to catch chinook on a fly last year. This morning I went out to Chelan Falls to see if I could find any. Used a Suskwa Poacher (I think?) and my 8wt 13 foot spey. Found the fastest water I could in the mostly still-ish Chelan Falls area that's open. Ended up catching two pikeminnow instead. :eek:

I then headed up over to a locally known gravel bar on the Columbia before heading into work. Got two hits from some fish that I failed to hook. I will have to return here to see if I can find chinook. Next time I'll take more photos too.

IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_6892.jpg

Buzzy

WFF Supporter
One time I was swinging flies on the river at your second location, had waded way out. Wasn't paying much attention to the big river since I'd hooked a steelhead. I became aware that I was getting deeper without moving. I made it ashore without over-topping my waders but it was a tap dance on my toes for a bit.....good luck on your next visit!

cmann886

Use a white or olive and white dolly llama and you can provably earn some gas money on your next trip. PM aren’t much fun but getting paid to fish isn’t a bad gig.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

That said, WFF displays just a single ad regardless of the device, and that ad helps cover the server fees. The position and size of the ad has been set to minimize impact to your experience, negating the need for adblocking the site. Disable your AdBlocker / Whitelist WashingtonFlyFishing.com to continue using the site. Thanks.

I've Disabled AdBlock