Hole of The Day

The lie, and who lives there.
I like that combination of photos, both your specific combination and the concept. In the past, when I would catch a nice fish, I would often pause to take a shot of the fish AND the lie in which I hooked it. Later, I would click past the picture of the fish and linger over the picture of the water. Now, if I take pics at all, it is usually of the spot on the river where I hooked the fish.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
The last time I crawled over a long jam I stepped on a rotten log and fell about 4' onto a green log. I broke the cartilage between where your ribs come together. That was just about the most painful injury I ever had. I could only sleep on my back and it hurt like hell getting to that position. It took over two weeks to heal. It was a good thing I was young and I could take the pain. If I did this now I would probably just give it all up. I'm glad I'm to god damn old to do that now.:):)

SawyerJones

Found this pool on an upper tributary of the Sky. Missed a truly ancient 16"+ monster for this creek a few casts before this little guy came to play. Keep in mind this creek is about 6"s deep in most places.

hiked over a pretty rough 20' high log jamb and found this magic pool above.

This is the type of fishing I live for. I've found myself in similar streams, in similar precarious spots finding surprisingly big trout. Good stuff, maybe I'll run into you out there one day lol. I crawl around a lot of those upper tribs to the sky.

Matt B

I like that combination of photos, both your specific combination and the concept. In the past, when I would catch a nice fish, I would often pause to take a shot of the fish AND the lie in which I hooked it. Later, I would click past the picture of the fish and linger over the picture of the water. Now, if I take pics at all, it is usually of the spot on the river where I hooked the fish.
We are in “agreeance.”
Sometimes the picture of the fish or the fly or the surroundings or the sandwich or something else helps spark the memory that goes along with the water.
That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to start a fishing sandwich thread. One of these days.

Latest posts