Little Naches Camping Fishing

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
The outhouse near me was a classic from when i was a kid. Stunk to holy hell but lacked the flies i remember when camping in late 60's thru 80's. For some reason, the outhouse farther from me had no smell at all. It was identical to the other, and had just as much material in the toilet, but it did not stink.
The answer is here.....worth reading. Short answer...the stack was shaded on the stinky toilet.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
The answer is here.....worth reading. Short answer...the stack was shaded on the stinky toilet.

Wow Vladimir, thanks for the article. I had no idea the planning behind the newer toilets.

It has been years since i used the classic, old, small, smelly wood outhouses. Camping and using that toilet brought back memories of camping as a kid in the 60's and70's forest service campgrounds

Kilchis

WFF Supporter
For the last decade I've thought it would be nice if the manufacturer of federal privies would mold a shelf into the wall next to the toilet paper. It would be a boon to folks dealing with colostomies. They would no longer have to bring in a table or set their supplies down on a filthy floor.

Vladimir Steblina

Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
For the last decade I've thought it would be nice if the manufacturer of federal privies would mold a shelf into the wall next to the toilet paper. It would be a boon to folks dealing with colostomies. They would no longer have to bring in a table or set their supplies down on a filthy floor.
The Forest Service came up with the design and worked with the CTX company on specific toilet designs that met Forest Service standards. The focus was on a SST (sweet smelling toilet) and not on customer amenities.

However, the market has boomed and the toilets are now found everywhere. It is no longer a Forest Service product.

Here is the link to the company: http://parkandrestroomstructures.com/home.html

There is a contact page. I am sure that at some point they will start making their own designs. I would write them and make the suggestion. As you can see by the designs the Forest Service was concerned about handicapped access. Your suggestion fits well in that area. I would stress that.

Oh, the toilets were designed so they could literally be cleaned by a "fire" trucks.....so the "accessories" need to withstand some water pressure, but molding the table into the concrete would work well.....and also give me a place to put the coffee cup.

Chris Bailey

WFF Supporter
That's right. It was for sale for a while and just sold and is in transition. Good thing too, as the previous owner seemed to be running out of steam. I'm putting a word in for a better beer selection in the bar. It seems like every place from Naches on up on 410 is either for sale or has sold in the last few years. Probably a tough business, particularly with some nice new places right in Naches.

So did someone buy and takeover Jacks? Q’s thinking it was for sale or
closing for some reason :confused:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info