Flybill Appreciation thread.

Where in the hell have you been. I thought you gave up all forms of enjoyment.:rolleyes:
I've been hiding from you!!

Actually things are well. Super busy. New house, new job, etc.

My youngest is now 10, and several of the kids are really enjoying fishing. I've been teaching a few of them to fly fish. Starting to get out there more. I have gear that has been collecting dust, but much of it has been broken out this summer and I think I'll be able to put it to good use. The next step will be getting back into fly tying. The younger kids are all interested, and I miss it.

Somehow I've been a sports coach over the last 5 years. Would never have thought it. Just never interested in it - that was my brother. I was always the outdoorsman and fisherman. But lately I've been a basketball coach, flag football coach, and tackle football coach. It's actually pretty fun, but it does mean I get less fishing time... Though I did just teach one of my coaching buddies how to fly fish up at Spada lake and he loved it. And the family was just down in Texas for vacation and visiting my family down there - got into some nice bass and catfish with the kids (one kid caught a 25lb cat) - but not fly fishing.

How have you been? Getting any fishing in, or just harassing people online like usual??

Camo Clad Warrior

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels!
Thanks for being here Bill.

Being a younger guy with no male figure in my life that fished I learned, lived, and grew up on this forum. Joining around 2007 I appreciate a lot of the "old school" members. Bill and even OMJ have influenced me over the years along with countless others.

Here is to wishing you guys tight lines...Cheers

CCW

golfman44

6x Puget Sound Steelhead Guide of the Year (GOTY)
True story: flybill sold me my first fly rod ever, an 8wt orvis Clearwater that has landed countless steelhead over the years, and even quite a few pinks/coho this past weekend.

I know some of my (poor) attempt at humor posts have rubbed him the wrong way, but everytime I rope a chromer with that stick, I dedicate the pull of whiskey from my flask (in part) to Bill. In a way, he is responsible for about 0.12 of my six GOTY awards.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Hey FlyBill - sorry to hijack your thread!!!! Hope all is well with you :)
Love it! Great to hear what's going and some of us old school guys!!

I'm working at Total Wine selling stuff I can't afford and having fun most of the time! Had fun wine tasting and taking a cider maker class from a winemaker friend!

A couple of health issues, was in the ER this morning but taking care of it. Resting today and have stay away from booze and wine until I feel better and get the OK!
20190810_123101.jpg 20190813_063503.jpg 20190810_114514.jpg 20190813_150653.jpg 20190813_092858.jpg

flybill

True story: flybill sold me my first fly rod ever, an 8wt orvis Clearwater that has landed countless steelhead over the years, and even quite a few pinks/coho this past weekend.

I know some of my (poor) attempt at humor posts have rubbed him the wrong way, but everytime I rope a chromer with that stick, I dedicate the pull of whiskey from my flask (in part) to Bill. In a way, he is responsible for about 0.12 of my six GOTY awards.
No worries and I know I've rubbed some the wrong way on this board.. time move.on to friendlier WFF and let shit go. Tight lines! And have a drink for me.. I'm dry for a bit..

flybill

That's what happens when imbibe to god damn much. What you need to help you out is a reformed drunk like me to keep you on the straight and narrow.
The straight and narrow is boring.. but come on and keep me a little less crazy!! Need.to fish more, play golf and drink a bit less often. Just drink higher quality stuff.. wait I already do that!!

The straight and narrow is boring.. but come on and keep me a little less crazy!! Need.to fish more, play golf and drink a bit less often. Just drink higher quality stuff.. wait I already do that!!
You used to fish a lot when I was around. You seemed to have lost your get up and go and turned it into what can I drink next.:rolleyes:

flybill

You used to fish a lot when I was around. You seemed to have lost your get up and go and turned it into what can I drink next.:rolleyes:
I didn't miss fishing for a while, but do now. The reason I don't fish much is my energy. Many of my days off I'm too tired from working at Total Wine and just kick back and relax, do laundry or go wine tasting or hang out with friends. Have some feet and health issues I'm working on, so I can get back out and fish.

Typically at Total, on an average shift, I walk between 12k and 18k steps.. and I don't get to sit down, esxcept for breaks and lunch!

I didn't miss fishing for a while, but do now. The reason I don't fish much is my energy. Many of my days off I'm too tired from working at Total Wine and just kick back and relax, do laundry or go wine tasting or hang out with friends. Have some feet and health issues I'm working on, so I can get back out and fish.

Typically at Total, on an average shift, I walk between 12k and 18k steps.. and I don't get to sit down, esxcept for breaks and lunch!
Don't you have Gout. I do and I take pills for it. No pain since I started taking the orange pills.

flybill

Ok, enlighten me... "GOTY" awards? This old guy has no idea what you're referring too... Glad you like the rod!!

Latest posts