What was that fly?

Tinker

Coigrich
Someone posted a fly pattern that's proven effective on rockfish and I've lost the name of it (along with my phone). Dumbell or bead chain eyes, a marabou tail and a marabou wing ending with the wing feather wrapped into a rope, wound around the eyes and tied in behind the eyes. Can anyone identify it for me? I've been asked about it several times and would lke to give credit to the original.

Jim Darden

Someone posted a fly pattern that's proven effective on rockfish and I've lost the name of it (along with my phone). Dumbell or bead chain eyes, a marabou tail and a marabou wing ending with the wing feather wrapped into a rope, wound around the eyes and tied in behind the eyes. Can anyone identify it for me? I've been asked about it several times and would lke to give credit to the original.
Can't help you with the fly but just about anything wrapped on a hook works for rockfish....

Tinker

Coigrich
Thank you, Jim. Yeah, rockfish aren't all that picky but this fly was particularly effective on days when others weren't doing having any success.

I would have sworn it was a called a variation on a "M" fly or an "M&M" fly - at least some name starting with an M - and it wasn't for rockfish, I simply tied it in a larger size ang gave it a try. I've searched WFF and the internet and can't find a fly with that name or any variation on that name, so I must have had a sweet tooth that day.

Thanks again.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts