None. The idiot in the jeep appeared more ignorant than an illiterate tourist.There's too many folks of all ages with small kids and families enjoying the beach during the warm months (residents and tourists), so ya can't really tolerate the assholes squirreling around in their new 4wds on the same stretch of beach. They don't really need to be endangering the public with their fantasizing that the public enjoys watching them sqirrel on the beach in their new rigs (we don't). They just want to play, "Look at me!" That stretch is only about 3.5 miles long. There's 15 miles of beach that isn't posted, with far fewer people, except that you must avoid certain shorebird nesting areas.
boy how times have changed, in the early sixties before all the vast entertainment choices we have to day were available. some of the better times I remember as a small child living in Aberdeen were, watching tourist's cars be swallowed by the surf & disappear forever when they got stuck in the wet sand by driving to close to the surf line or watching a freighter burn while tied to a dock from the bridge over the Chehalis river. those were the fun times when you lived on East Cushing Street !

A good book. Soma was used by the high intelligence ruling class to pacify & control the lower classes.
It is a great book, however I liken the “soma” (a term referenced in several ancient text) of the book to technology over cannabis. I see the parallel, but would argue that in many ways imbibing cannabis in any form can actually make the user less prone to accepting societal norms and challenging status quo thinking. Just my two pennies.

It is a great book, however I liken the “soma” (a term referenced in several ancient text) of the book to technology over cannabis. I see the parallel, but would argue that in many ways imbibing cannabis in any form can actually make the user less prone to accepting societal norms and challenging status quo thinking. Just my two pennies.
Careful now, you're starting to make some sense.

it's probably more true that people inclined to imbibe canabis in a society where it is not an accepted norm (like ours still is, in spite of current momentum) are already resistant to the status quo with no help from the drug.

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
boy how times have changed, in the early sixties before all the vast entertainment choices we have to day were available. some of the better times I remember as a small child living in Aberdeen were, watching tourist's cars be swallowed by the surf & disappear forever when they got stuck in the wet sand by driving to close to the surf line or watching a freighter burn while tied to a dock from the bridge over the Chehalis river. those were the fun times when you lived on East Cushing Street !
You're lucky to be gone from there. Since the mayor of Aberdeen closed up the homeless encampment on the N bank of the river, just downstream of the bridge, they all moved to South Aberdeen and set up on the S bank of the river, just downstream of the bridge.
I'm bummed because that puts them 2 miles closer to me.
Cars still get stuck. Probably the thing that makes the tow truck biz profitable out here. Most recent beach tragedy involving a vehicle happened within the last year, after dark. Married dude was drinking and partying with some younger woman that was not his wife, and decided to speed down the beach in the darkness. His truck hit the end of a partially buried beach log and they got launched, crashing and rolling when they hit. He died, and she was seriously injured. Sometime the outline of a log or stump on the beach isn't visible because of a buildup of windblown sand. "Definition" disappears. I almost hit the butt end of a semi-buried log in broad daylight once.

Last edited:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
An often unused & frequently poorly-adjusted automotive device; these are related to turn signals for the same reason. Horn buttons & brake pedals are other misunderstood devices; some folks seem to prefer horns over brakes . . .
Yeah! Horns just confuse everyone. I discovered that I don't really need the rear view mirror (like Dave Boyle), since I'm driving forward, and looking the direction that I'm going. The cruise control keeps my speed up to par. I keep a rear window cracked so I can hear the sirens. And, its always a pleasant surprise when that double trailer logging truck suddenly passes me. Wakes me up!

Last edited:

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I decided to quit using vape pens for THC extract. Nothing but clean fresh air is good for one's lungs. No matter how "relatively less harmful" vaping THC extract is compared to other means of partaking, I'm betting that medical science has already documented lung damage assocciated with it, but that I just haven't read about that yet. We already know that some teens are suffering lung damage from vaping nicotine.
I might go for an edible if I can plan the timing and know that I won't be driving.

Last edited:

Latest posts