Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Jim: I could spend hours complaining about what has happened to the education system. I must tell you that I found cell phones to be a major distraction. Don't get me wrong, computers are a great tool, if used properly, for learning. FinLuver's remark is spot on, attendance has become a real issue. And to Mr. bhudda's summary of education I will say your list looks more like a political agenda than any classroom I am familiar with.
Political. What are you smoking.

jamma

For those of you that think canabis does not affect your thought train take this challenge. Stop toking for 9 months and then re-evaluate.
Been there done that. Glad I did and will NEVER go back.

If you can't stop for 9 months you have a problem and address it.

Dave
Firstly, let me say, good for you.

I dig what you're saying but I wonder how many of you anti-smokers (or vapers or whatever) have a medicine chest full of pills that are supposed to make your life better. Any substance can be abused and thinking the prescribers have only your good health in mind is dangerous, look at the opioid problem. My personal opinion is I don't believe in the myth of addiction. If you cannot control your urges, that's on you. But people these days refuse to be accountable for their actions, "the drug made me do it, I couldn't help myself." And I can't for the life of me, contain myself when these same people, who drink caffeine and alcohol and smoke tobacco, think they aren't doing drugs.
But hey, I still smoke. It makes the music sound better and I am not going to apologize for it. There are lots worse things a person can do, and for what it's worth, people who have never tried marijuana don't really have a frame of reference to be critical about it.
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Elliott5400

I do have to say, in about 20 years of being part of fishing forums this one has definitely been one of the spicier ones.

Between the maybe a little too much information, butt pics etc

I think XP should just wipe this one and we all forgetta bout it.

Last edited:

dflett68

WFF Supporter
This has nothing to do with weed. One of my many great grandkids is starting school this year. In kindergarten they are going to start them on computers. They need to teach them how to tell time as they are taking the analog clocks out of schools because the kids can't tell time. He already plays with a smart. phone. Knows more about it than I did.

What ever happened to Reading, writing, and arithmetic. Did they get shoved to the back of he bus??

he can read a clock - but it is on a screen now, and it is digital. he can use a phone, but it is on a screen now, not rotary. he's going to learn to read and write and do arithmetic - on screen.

jim, this is not a criticism, cause you've shown you're actually fairly open minded for your age, but... the evidence (32, 363 messages) would indicate you don't find that interacting with the universe of knowledge via a screen is all bad. just like everybody else here complaining about tech and kids....but here they are, voting with their clicks for how they want the world to work for them, while they complain it should go back in time for others.
Firstly, let me say, good for you.

I dig what you're saying but I wonder how many of you anti-smokers (or vapers or whatever) have a medicine chest full of pills that are supposed to make your life better. Any substance can be abused and thinking the prescribers have only your good health in mind is dangerous, look at the opioid problem. My personal opinion is I don't believe in the myth of addiction. If you cannot control your urges, that's on you. But people these days refuse to be accountable for their actions, "the drug made me do it, I couldn't help myself." And I can't for the life of me, contain myself when these same people, who drink caffeine and alcohol and smoke tobacco, think they aren't doing drugs.
But hey, I still smoke. It makes the music sound better and I am not going to apologize for it. There are lots worse things a person can do, and for what it's worth, people who have never tried marijuana don't really have a frame of reference to be critical about it.
But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

addiction is a real thing, but even though brain science is 100 years behind the rest of the body, the most marketable and expedient answer to a complicated problem is an unambiguous diagnosis - so whether it is depression, addiction, ADD, or a host of other things we barely understand, we under-diagnose, over-diagnose, mis-diagnose - and sell a lot of books, seminars, pills, sermons, and shame in the process. the pendulum swings and the human race slowly learns.

Buzzy

I can’t wait till the “dinosaurs” die off and take their outdated mindset with them.
I suppose I'm one of the dinosaurs - I'm 70, I don't smoke marijuana (I don't care if you do). I didn't vote to legalize it but its legal, I'm over it. I don't care. But honestly, what a not nice thing to say. I guess getting high for you doesn't mellow you out, man. Peace, bro.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts