bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." Well...

Look, I don't know where the NIDA or NSC is getting their info. But in a country where we can't get seem to get anything resembling accurate information on gun deaths, police shootings, opoiod use, etc. I find it fascinating that they have such a clear picture of marijuana use, employer costs, etc. If the absurdity of that alone doesn't leave you suspicious, perhaps--and I'm sorry if this sounds harsh--education shouldn't be you profession.

the truth is seldom pleasant,we live in a world of denial about many things

FinLuver

this seems like it might not be a quality we want in our "educators". if you've got views that can't change about something real, they can't possibly be based in fact. perhaps they are based in a subjective experience?
So what you're are sayin' is...if others perceive something to be real, but it is not real, then she can't be an educator because she's not on board with others' perceived reality.

Hmmmm....????

Last edited:

bhudda

heffe'
Speaking of sugar booger’s :) ....years ago when I ran sheetrock
So what you're are sayin' is...if others perceive something to be real, but it is not real, then she can't be an educator because she's not on board with others' perceived reality??

Hmmmm....????
Focus Karen!!!...I don’t know you so I’ll refrain...
Since your asking, a nice Platinum Girl Scout Cookie gummie might make ya feel betta’ :)

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
So what you're are sayin' is...if others perceive something to be real, but it is not real, then she can't be an educator because she's not on board with others' perceived reality.

Hmmmm....????
I reject your reality & substitute my own, there's a lot of that going on these days !

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
Speaking of sugar booger’s :) ....years ago when I ran sheetrock

Focus Karen!!!...I don’t know you so I’ll refrain...
Since your asking, a nice Platinum Girl Scout Cookie gummie might make ya feel betta’ :)
oreos are a better choice, especially the double stuffed ones

Hem

I'm with girlfisher.
My wife is a high school teacher and has plenty to offer on kids and drugs and non of it is good.
Oh by the way I had plenty of hazy years as a kid myself ...what a colossal waste of money, time, and brain cells.
But each to their own poison.
I will ask how many pot smokers are comfortable encouraging their twelve year old to partake? Be honest now. Show of hands,please.

Nick Clayton

How did this turn to kids smoking pot anyway? I don't know of anyone, and haven't seen anyone in this thread, encourage kids to smoke pot, drink alcohol, shoot up heroin etc. Pot is legal, but not for kids. Just like alcohol, cigarettes, gambling etc etc etc.

I don't think anyone thinks underage kids should be engaging in any of those activities.

That said, personally if I HAD to choose an illegal activity for my 17 year old son to experiment with, it would be pot without a doubt. Kids are gonna try it. Just like kids are gonna drink and have sex and sneak cupcakes out of the goodie cupboard. Best we can do is educate them and teach them to make smart decisions even when they go down these roads. IMO.

tkww

the truth is seldom pleasant,we live in a world of denial about many things
How about we talk about how many motor vehicle accidents alcohol, mobile devices ("distracted driving"), and sleep deprivation are responsible for? Right, because "the truth is seldom pleasant,we live in a world of denial about many things." We wouldn't have made it past page five if those had been the topic.

Latest posts