B

bennysbuddy

Benny,

I have read this thread and kept you in mind from the start. I feel terrible for you and your family. I am sure that the way he got off makes the healing process damn near impossible.
The testing is awfully flawed. I know people who voted against legalization because of the dui language. Basically they feared that it made every pot smoker over the limit, all the time and the limit was arbitrary.
I voted for legalization. The biggest reason was to take the money away from criminal enterprises. In that way it has mostly worked. Kids have always been able to find pot. Its better that the source does not also sell physically addictive substances.

Go sox,
Cds
I voted for it as well because it would force people to be responsible for their actions. And it has done that . No longer can you drive around stone with no repercussions.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Benny,

I have read this thread and kept you in mind from the start. I feel terrible for you and your family. I am sure that the way he got off makes the healing process damn near impossible.
The testing is awfully flawed. I know people who voted against legalization because of the dui language. Basically they feared that it made every pot smoker over the limit, all the time and the limit was arbitrary.
I voted for legalization. The biggest reason was to take the money away from criminal enterprises. In that way it has mostly worked. Kids have always been able to find pot. Its better that the source does not also sell physically addictive substances.

Go sox,
Cds

underage use is down in every legal market that i have seen data from, for the record. Its harder for kids to buy from legal shops then it is from blackmarket scumbags. also, now that its legal it doesnt have the "badass" allure it once held.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
I didn’t make the law I just voted for it,

another one on the ignore list... this thread has really been enlightening! i understand why you hate weed, but i think you have a highly distorted motivation for being anti-weed. but i respect your right to your opinions, im just over listening to them.

b_illymac

Soap Lake Posse
WFF Moderator
underage use is down in every legal market that i have seen data from, for the record. Its harder for kids to buy from legal shops then it is from blackmarket scumbags. also, now that its legal it doesnt have the "badass" allure it once held.
Please post some actual research links that underage use is down.

B

bennysbuddy

another one on the ignore list... this thread has really been enlightening! i understand why you hate weed, but i think you have a highly distorted motivation for being anti-weed. but i respect your right to your opinions, im just over listening to them.
The truth is often unpleasant

dflett68

WFF Supporter
Have you read that actually study? Hardly a confirmation of the obvious and more education and knowledge on an increasing problem.
"Abstract
Drugged driving is a safety issue of increasing public concern. Using data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System for 1999–2010, we assessed trends in alcohol and other drugs detected in drivers who were killed within 1 hour of a motor vehicle crash in 6 US states (California, Hawaii, Illinois, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and West Virginia) that routinely performed toxicological testing on drivers involved in such crashes. Of the 23,591 drivers studied, 39.7% tested positive for alcohol and 24.8% for other drugs. During the study period, the prevalence of positive results for nonalcohol drugs rose from 16.6% in 1999 to 28.3% in 2010 (Z = −10.19, P < 0.0001), whereas the prevalence of positive results for alcohol remained stable. The most commonly detected nonalcohol drug was cannabinol, the prevalence of which increased from 4.2% in 1999 to 12.2% in 2010 (Z = −13.63, P < 0.0001). The increase in the prevalence of nonalcohol drugs was observed in all age groups and both sexes. These results indicate that nonalcohol drugs, particularly marijuana, are increasingly detected in fatally injured drivers."
i wasn't referring to the study

hydrological

beads are NOT flies and snagging is just ghetto
law enforcement and the IRS will go for the easy target every time. fighting real crime is too much hassle. and more frequently life threatening. in the case of the IRS big money owed means big money lawyers to fight the case. think Donald chump.

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Please post some actual research links that underage use is down.

sure. granted, you may or may not have access to the article, i do via my employer. this is data the company i work for has recently been looking at.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/article-abstract/2718512

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...t=personalizedcontent&previousarticle=2718512

https://www.doh.wa.gov/DataandStatisticalReports/DataSystems/HealthyYouthSurvey

in summary, youth use rates grades 8-12 were down 5 percent from pre legal to 2018. these are just stats though, but from a good source.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
bennysbuddy posted: "In 2005 all they could prove is that a sometime in the last 12hours you were high, the dude that killed my sister walked out of the courtroom without even a traffic ticket."

It doesn't look like pot use was the problem here. I see two problems. First, driving impaired. It wouldn't have mattered whether it was pot, alcohol, or a cell phone. Second, it appears that the perp got away with felony manslaughter. Doesn't matter if he was impaired or not. If so, that ain't never right.

B

bennysbuddy

a dead sister will do that

wetline dave

Just because some old fart like me,71, doesn't agree with some of the users does not mean we are actually totally against what you put in your body.

I am against anyone that does not realize pot affects your thinking and physical processes. Though when one is in a state of "enlightenment" that is not something one can see. Ho do I know? I was there and done that and haven't in years.

As far as I am concerned legalize all of it, starting with amphetamines which pharmaceuticals are cheap and clean without the side effects of meth. But in turn users are solely responsible for all consequence. This would kill the elicit drug trade which is a social scourge.

Make these drugs cheap and available in a controlled manner. If you OD too damn bad, Your choice. Sure those associated with said druggie may suffer from this but they are going to suffer in the current system of the "war on drugs" which is a total farce.

Dave

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts