Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Punish poachers with license forfeiture, loss of fishing privileges for a year, and confiscation of all their gear, but incensed about, and at LEOs enforcing laws (passed by elected representatives) that actually have public safety implications in the jurisdictions they are assigned to. Is that selective outrage driven by self interest?

SlowFish

At least 6 discs in the changer
Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.
My kid is in HS, and I don't want him smoking weed, drinking, smoking cigarettes, there is no reason to take the health and well being risk. I know he's around it all the time. But I take a pragmatic approach - I was around it all the time in HS too - on the east coast in the early 90's. It was very easy to buy weed in school, whereas alcohol was a real pain in the ass to acquire. Larger scale, the "war" on drugs has been a failure, and prohibition does nothing to stop it. It has cost billions in wasted effort. What's more, while I don't partake any longer, I personally know great many successful people - be it in careers or family, mostly both - who smoke weed.

All told - the reality that it was very simple to get on the black market, our governments were wasting time and lives trying to enforce prohibition and the fact that we can now RAISE tax revenue on it - I say legalization is a good thing.

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.

lmao. what if we vaporize it (no carcinogens). is it ok then? sadly, some people are locked into there mindset/bubble. makes me proud to be part of one of the states best cannabis companies.

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
Interesting.
I happen to have read something recently that ingested cannibinoids are processed differently than inhaled cannibinoids, and speculation that the reputation for edibles producing paranoia might have a chemical basis.
J
yes. when you eat da wicked weed, a few things are happening. First, the thc molecule (THC-A) is heated, which causes it to drop some carbon, called decarboxylation. This new form of the THC molecule is then usually bound to a fat molecule because the body will uptake it better when attached to fat (though this is still not efficient). Now its cooked into an edible. The current form of the molecule has to get into the blood, which is where the liver comes into play.. Your liver will convert the THC into a new isomer, Delta-9-THC which is a far more "psychedelic" form then what we puff in a joint or hash. It could take 1-3 hours for those molecules to travel into the liver and then into the blood stream eventually reaching the brain Most people find the heavy doses of edibles to be an effective path to chronic pain treatment, once you eat a few a day for a week or so, you will develop a tolerance to the effect to a larger degree.

The extreme highs and paranoia are often because you may actually visual/audio hallucinate or become dissociated when ingesting large doses without a developed tolerance. hope that helps shed some light on it.

Buzzy

Four! I don't care if adults smoke, chew, vaporize, eat or whatever. Their choice. I do care if folks partake and drive (under the influence). I also see pot as a potential (read: potential) gateway to other drug use. Someone up the line mentioned DARE; is there anything like that in schools now? (Maybe we should ask the school teacher that started this thread?) It really is the kids I do have concerns about.

Peace.

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Four! I don't care if adults smoke, chew, vaporize, eat or whatever. Their choice. I do care if folks partake and drive (under the influence). I also see pot as a potential (read: potential) gateway to other drug use. Someone up the line mentioned DARE; is there anything like that in schools now? (Maybe we should ask the school teacher that started this thread?) It really is the kids I do have concerns about.

Peace.

Sorry to all the people that say pot is a gateway drug is naive. Alcohol is the gateway drug.

Buzzy

Sorry to all the people that say pot is a gateway drug is naive. Alcohol is the gateway drug.
I agree with you about alcohol being a gateway. Just seems getting drunk or high or stoned can lead to reduced inhibitions and maybe increases temptation. That's all. Maybe the movie my mom hauled me to back about 1966 influences my thoughts? (cult classic Reefer Madness).

Dustin Bise

Hot-spotting Sheriff.
I agree with you about alcohol being a gateway. Just seems getting drunk or high or stoned can lead to reduced inhibitions and maybe increases temptation. That's all. Maybe the movie my mom hauled me to back about 1966 influences my thoughts? (cult classic Reefer Madness).

Peace.
under 21 use is down since legalization, FYI.

John S

Hey Buzzy,

Since you asked I'm happy to share what I know. DARE has been shown by overwhelming research to be ineffective but still exists on a smaller scale and with an updated curriculum. Here is one source describing it. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-new-d-a-r-e-program-this-one-works

There are many drug and alcohol and cannabis and sexual education curriculums that school districts choose to purchase from vendors and it is still a controversial area nationwide. The Snohomish School Board recently had a public meeting and voted to stop using the King County based sexual education curriculum in response to 25 some parents who showed up to accuse it of "having a liberal bias." A reality is that safe healthy choice conversations often don't happen at schools because of boundary issues.

I really didn't mean to turn this post into a discussion of appropriate cannabis use, but did want to respect the opinions of those who simply recommend not starting it. That's a perfectly fine personal view to have.

Staring into my window to see every corner of the truck, and being able to notice the smallest plastic container the size of a quarter beneath a short is agressive enforcement. I simply want to warn others so they can avoid federal criminal charges while fishing!

Here is a post of a playful small rainbow that jumped multiple times from Meadow Creek a few weeks ago to perhaps change the topic :)

Attachments

Latest posts