There's no such thing as a "gateway drug"....there IS such a thing as addiction, which some people are more prone to than others (there's a large genetic component to this). This can manifest itself in many ways....alcohol, eating, gambling, shopping, posting on internet forums....in excess, none of it is good. In moderation, it's rarely an issue (health-wise).

Personally, I don't care if folks partake but when it actually endangers other peoples lives (like driving under the influence---doesn't matter what), that's where the energy should be directed to preventing. IMO

how about a less controversial topic, like wolves, or guns... ;)

Buzzy

Hey Buzzy,

Since you asked I'm happy to share what I know. DARE has been shown by overwhelming research to be ineffective but still exists on a smaller scale and with an updated curriculum. Here is one source describing it. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-new-d-a-r-e-program-this-one-works

There are many drug and alcohol and cannabis and sexual education curriculums that school districts choose to purchase from vendors and it is still a controversial area nationwide. The Snohomish School Board recently had a public meeting and voted to stop using the King County based sexual education curriculum in response to 25 some parents who showed up to accuse it of "having a liberal bias." A reality is that safe healthy choice conversations often don't happen at schools because of boundary issues.

I really didn't mean to turn this post into a discussion of appropriate cannabis use, but did want to respect the opinions of those who simply recommend not starting it. That's a perfectly fine personal view to have.

Staring into my window to see every corner of the truck, and being able to notice the smallest plastic container the size of a quarter beneath a short is agressive enforcement. I simply want to warn others so they can avoid federal criminal charges while fishing!

Here is a post of a playful small rainbow that jumped multiple times from Meadow Creek a few weeks ago to perhaps change the topic :)
Thank you for sharing this, John. And yes, the ranger was aggressive. I think your original post serves a useful purpose for many folks.

Nice trout!

Paul_

Is it normal operational procedure to be “detained in handcuffs” over the possibility there may be a little weed in a vehicle?

Is it normal operational procedure to be “detained in handcuffs” over the possibility there may be a little weed in a vehicle?
No, it’s not normal. This is the backlash of legalization. Forest rangers have a shit load of jurisdiction and their bosses have told them to crack down, so that’s what they are doing.
It never used to be like that

I would much rather run into someone in the forest that was stoned & had his head in the clouds! Then some drunk idiot that had his head stuck up his own ass!!!
Oh yes sir. 1000 times yes. If you catch me after a streamside joint the worst that can happen to you is I chat your ear off about fishing, and maybe give you a lucky fly-
And maybe try to bum some beef jerky off of you

In this state if they could figure how to tax pedofiles it would be legalized.

"]Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.[/QUOTE]
Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.

The state should spend more time hunting them.
Seattle and Bellingham especially have the longstanding history of not tackling the hard problems, in lieu of turning the police force into a revenue generating engine
That’s why you have ALL those undercover cops on the freeway. That’s why they loved busting potheads for fines.

Crackheads and pedophiles don’t pay their tickets or generate revenue

White kids with rich parents do

In this state if they could figure how to tax pedofiles it would be legalized.

"]Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to drops a bomb shell here! I used to smoke weed years ago! I remember when skunk came out, blew my head off! Grew all my own shit in my back yard in Australia. Red hair sinsamila, 11 foot pants were normal! The seeds i was getting from my uncle, my mums younger brother! He was growing pants in old chicken pens on the farm that reached 16 fucking feet! Moved to Finland & gave it up! 28th of April was 15 years with out weed! I've got no problem with someone wanting to smoke weed! I do have a problem with someone wanting to drink & drive! Lots of wives & children out there! You can't turn the clock back! This one likes to smoke! sketch-1565386047654.png But she has a muscle illness & gets this shit from Amsterdam! sketch-1565386083017.png I don't mind Rolling her joints! But she gets upset when i turn the tv voice of & the radio up! Talk to her with out sounds when she is stoned! Slam a door & she says fuck it's windy! Over 15 years with out weed is really something special, mostly thanks to fly fishing! Don't drink & drive!

Last edited:

Latest posts