scottybs

This state just keeps getting more silly by the day.

I often question myself between the shit fishing, ridiculous ways of land and law management and all the tweakers that infest any major-ish city, why I'm still even here. Definitely considering more fish-lush places to live.
Carry a pistol.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
If you have gout you can get a medical gillnet prescription like me-
I have gout, so this is interesting. My company, Total Wine, stopped drug testing since they couldn't find anyone able to pass for who they're looking for. It's not official, but not currently being done.

I'm see my Rhumetologist tomorrow and will ask her about it.

Jamie Wilson

The federal government snapped up the available "patent-able" applications for cannibinoids years ago. Additionally - the feds will tax the shit out of the legal suppliers - like in Wa - but do not allow these same suppliers to deduct any expenses encountered as they produce the taxable product - plus the added fact that the legit suppliers need to deal in CASH!!. Sound like a scam??? IT IS!!

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
They really just need to legalize it federally. Will not happen anytime soon, but if you're on federal land, in a federal building or confronted by a federal agency you might get arrested or worse. I knew a kid who worked at a Starbucks that would vape on his break and it was obviously weed. Not cool. I can't drink or smoke weed while I'm working in the liquor industry (I can taste and spit out though). Even if legal, most of us can't do it at work.

John S

Meh, i’m going to chime back in here and reclaim this thread’s public image because I am now addicted to the validation the internet provides and can’t resist engaging. And there are some who have replied who may be inexperienced with the effects of cannabis and this last post with the photos is just too much i’m sorry.

“Pothead” stereotypes of 30 yo travelers who are so self-unaware as to post images of their SO in a thong on a FlyFishing forum are indeed total idiots of whom cannabis may keeping their heads in the clouds. Amazingly it has been 15 years since you last smoked.

Nearly something like 75% of WA use Cannabis as a safer far less intoxicating alternative to alcohol, and for medicinal or semi-medicinal properties such as body pain relief. Many of my good friends who are devoutly Christian for whatever that’s worth, and their Wives, who held misinformed views on it just 5 years ago now share a bit of Cannabis together and then enjoy a dinner out and it is a wonderful healthy choice. Or at home at a family barbecue rather than drinking beer they will enjoy discreetly together. It is by far the safest “drug” including nicotine and alcohol.

It’s main danger lies in the ability to constantly use it and to take on a corresponding unmotivated persona. It’s that persona that’s dangerous and honestly with legalization the way and culture in which people use cannabis has changed.

I find it extremely relaxing and peaceful in small amounts when I am with good friends, eating, or in the outdoors. I am not some kooky pothead who teaches your children during the day. Far many more people than you realize use pot in small appropriate amounts and it needs to be legalized nationally ASAP. A reality is that yes the Forest Service ranger higher ups are clearly targeting marijuana for profit. Because those with it can afford the $500 tickets and it is safe easy work for their officers to conduct. Many of us speak of the tweakers around Granite Falls etc. Personally I think it is largely myth, guff talk more than reality. But there are still vehicle break ins and many homeless camping in these areas all summer long.

At the end of the day I was shown an enormous privilege from the officers discretion. It came from my education and ability to articulate myself. A black or Latino man without such an education because of where they grew up would not have been so lucky. That is the greatest problem here.

Attachments

Last edited:

JamesRPL+

Meh, i’m going to chime back in here and reclaim this thread’s public image because I am now addicted to the validation the internet provides and can’t resist engaging. And there are some who have replied who may be inexperienced with the effects of cannabis and this last post with the photos is just too much i’m sorry.

“Pothead” stereotypes of 30 yo travelers who are so self-unaware as to post images of their SO in a thong on a FlyFishing forum are indeed total idiots of whom cannabis may keeping their heads in the clouds. Amazingly it has been 15 years since you last smoked.

Nearly something like 75% of WA use Cannabis as a safer far less intoxicating alternative to alcohol, and for medicinal or semi-medicinal properties such as body pain relief. Many of my good friends who are devoutly Christian for whatever that’s worth, and their Wives, who held misinformed views on it just 5 years ago now share a bit of Cannabis together and then enjoy a dinner out and it is a wonderful healthy choice. Or at home at a family barbecue rather than drinking beer they will enjoy discreetly together. It is by far the safest “drug” including nicotine and alcohol.

It’s main danger lies in the ability to constantly use it and to take on a corresponding unmotivated persona. It’s that persona that’s dangerous and honestly with legalization the way and culture in which people use cannabis has changed.

I find it extremely relaxing and peaceful in small amounts when I am with good friends, eating, or in the outdoors. I am not some kooky pothead who teaches your children during the day. Far many more people than you realize use pot in small appropriate amounts and it needs to be legalized nationally ASAP. A reality is that yes the Forest Service ranger higher ups are clearly targeting marijuana for profit. Because those with it can afford the $500 tickets and it is safe easy work for their officers to conduct. Many of us speak of the tweakers around Granite Falls etc. Personally I think it is largely myth, guff talk more than reality. But there are still vehicle break ins and many homeless camping in these areas all summer long.

At the end of the day I was shown an enormous privilege from the officers discretion. It came from my education and ability to articulate myself. A black or Latino man without such an education because of where they grew up would not have been so lucky. That is the greatest problem here.

JamesRPL+

LOL

t_law

You should not have chimed back in.
Nothing wrong with a little spice on the forum, actually enjoyed it! RIP The Shootinghead.
Many of my good friends who are devoutly Christian for whatever that’s worth
Doesn't mean shit, so why add it?
and their Wives
Because we all know wives validate everything. I know mine does.
Or at home at a family barbecue rather than drinking beer
WTF? Who doesn't drink beer at the family BBQ! Actually prefer it rather than weed.
It’s main danger lies in the ability to constantly use it and to take on a corresponding unmotivated persona
I know a shit ton of daily smokers and this does simply not apply.
I am not some kooky pothead who teaches your children during the day
I dunno.........
Because those with it can afford the $500 tickets
Really? I can assure you I make more than a teacher's salary and $500 would seriously dent my wallet.
Personally I think it is largely myth, guff talk more than reality.
You should hang out there more often.
It came from my education and ability to articulate myself.
Did the ranger say that?
A black or Latino man without such an education
Why not a white man without such an education?

Last edited:

FinLuver

I'm just a bit confused with this part of your post: "peered aggressively inside its windows and noticed a very small container of marijuana behind the drivers seat out of view and hidden." If I understand what you've written, the ranger didn't open doors but saw the container while "peering aggressively" so I guess your pot wasn't well hidden.

I suppose its an easy thing to overlook possession on federal jurisdiction property in that pot is legal in this state (except as you've noted). Not a worry for me since I don't use drugs (except coffee and Advil) but good advice to those of you who do.
And “safer than...”
Glad you (also) caught this story with so many holes, while serving up a PSA.

In the scheme of thought processes, maybe it’s not as safe as originally thought out.

FinLuver

Hey Buzzy,

Since you asked I'm happy to share what I know. DARE has been shown by overwhelming research to be ineffective but still exists on a smaller scale and with an updated curriculum. Here is one source describing it. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-new-d-a-r-e-program-this-one-works

There are many drug and alcohol and cannabis and sexual education curriculums that school districts choose to purchase from vendors and it is still a controversial area nationwide. The Snohomish School Board recently had a public meeting and voted to stop using the King County based sexual education curriculum in response to 25 some parents who showed up to accuse it of "having a liberal bias." A reality is that safe healthy choice conversations often don't happen at schools because of boundary issues.

I really didn't mean to turn this post into a discussion of appropriate cannabis use, but did want to respect the opinions of those who simply recommend not starting it. That's a perfectly fine personal view to have.

Staring into my window to see every corner of the truck, and being able to notice the smallest plastic container the size of a quarter beneath a short is agressive enforcement. I simply want to warn others so they can avoid federal criminal charges while fishing!

Here is a post of a playful small rainbow that jumped multiple times from Meadow Creek a few weeks ago to perhaps change the topic :)
Get fucked up and fuck like rabbits...
Gotta love our educational system of today.

Btw... it’s not your damn place to do so!!

FinLuver

There's no such thing as a "gateway drug"....there IS such a thing as addiction, which some people are more prone to than others (there's a large genetic component to this). This can manifest itself in many ways....alcohol, eating, gambling, shopping, posting on internet forums....in excess, none of it is good. In moderation, it's rarely an issue (health-wise).

Personally, I don't care if folks partake but when it actually endangers other peoples lives (like driving under the influence---doesn't matter what), that's where the energy should be directed to preventing. IMO

how about a less controversial topic, like wolves, or guns... ;)
Don’t think it’s genetic (unless the proverbial “crack baby”) but rather a more learned behavior, passed along generationally and through peer pressure.

My boy doesn’t drink, but there are a few that I know, that continually try to get him to take his first drink.

I always tell him that he’ll be ahead of the game if he never starts in the first place.

Wish my dad would have said those words to me when I was younger. Unfortunately, my dad is ex-career-military. That peer pressure is very real and prevalent on bases.

Latest posts