bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
In this state if they could figure how to tax pedofiles it would be legalized.

"]Wow, am I the only person in WA that is embarrassed to have this disgusting stuff legalized? Having been an educator for many years I have seen what this stuff does to young people! I am also quite aware of the short and long-term effects it imposes. And to say it is safer than alcohol does not make it any healthier in the long run! Smoking anything causes cancer.
[/QUOTE]
Valid point

Elliott5400

I think some old timers are a little too frustrated with the ways of life in modern times.

It's time we leave the "because my daddy hated it" mindset behind. No other valid points besides that mentality, just like the wolf haters hate wolves mainly because their rancher daddies hated em.

Randall Clark

Huge Fly Guy
Don’t think it’s genetic (unless the proverbial “crack baby”) but rather a more learned behavior, passed along generationally and through peer pressure.

My boy doesn’t drink, but there are a few that I know, that continually try to get him to take his first drink.

I always tell him that he’ll be ahead of the game if he never starts in the first place.

Wish my dad would have said those words to me when I was younger. Unfortunately, my dad is ex-career-military. That peer pressure is very real and prevalent on bases.
oh I get that, but it has been shown to have a genetic component to it. That's not to say there are no environmental factors as well, because there definitely are.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
It doesn't bother me with people who smoke dope. The real word here is DOPE. It can lead to harder drugs. I guess that's for the bigger dope head.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
It's time we leave the "because my daddy hated it" mindset behind.
My Father gave me damn good advice, although discussions focusing on pot never happened & were never needed back then. I & I alone decide to what I will expose my body - it's all about personal choices. "You pays your money and you takes your chance." As far as the "my Daddy mindset" goes, I'll keep mine, for Dad's sage wisdom has never failed to serve me well. I have endeavored to provide similar guidance to my Kids.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I think some old timers are a little too frustrated with the ways of life in modern times.

It's time we leave the "because my daddy hated it" mindset behind. No other valid points besides that mentality, just like the wolf haters hate wolves mainly because their rancher daddies hated em.
I don't really know what your idea of an old timer is: I'm 70 so I no doubt qualify by your generalization way of looking at things. I do find some modern time changes hard to accept but I'm sitting in my air conditioned house typing on a PC rather than scribbling cursive. I have a smart phone and no plans not to have a smart phone. I love the navigation system in my modern 4x4 truck. Quite fond of my carbon fiber fly rods and love the sonar unit I use on my boats and float tube.

Yes, for this old timer, what little hair I have left is mostly grey (or is that gray?) - for me, smoking marijuana or eating edibles is just not anything I want to do. Maybe part of it is because I have a hard enough time remembering what it was I got up to go and get from the other room? I don't think it is generational for this old timer, just a personal choice. Just like I don't use tobacco (or alcohol).

I hope we can agree that fly fishing is a great sport, hobby, past time.

Jamie Dow

Don’t think it’s genetic (unless the proverbial “crack baby”) but rather a more learned behavior, passed along generationally and through peer pressure.

My boy doesn’t drink, but there are a few that I know, that continually try to get him to take his first drink.

I always tell him that he’ll be ahead of the game if he never starts in the first place.

Wish my dad would have said those words to me when I was younger. Unfortunately, my dad is ex-career-military. That peer pressure is very real and prevalent on bases.
Actually, some Native American tribes, for example, genetically lack acetaldehyde dehydrogenase which breaks down alcohol, and almost 100% of those who drink will become alcoholics.

Addiction and depression are strongly genetically transmitted, although not with 100% penetrance like the Native American gene. Even kids adopted at birth without a chance of learning behavior will share these traits as well.

Neither here nor there on pot, but free drug use has done wonders in San Francisco, Denver, and Seattle.

KerryS

Ignored Member

LOL! This has to be one of the least thought out statements made on here lately. Your generational prejudice is showing. I have little doubt this isn’t the only prejudice you have. Be careful when and where you voice those prejudices. In some segments of our society they can get you in trouble. In today’s world if you live your life by the numbers it is somewhat easy to make it to old age. Doesn’t really require much common sense. Good luck.

Last edited:

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
I can’t wait till the “dinosaurs” die off and take their outdated mindset with them.

Booze and nicotine are what kill people and destroy families andnput a MONSTER burden on our health care industry

I smoke cannabis daily - im never late to work, I always do a good job. I come home after and I’ve got chores and work to do around the property- I maintain 1.8 acres. My fiancé is my queen and my behavior is never suspect when it comes to how I treat her, her family or my family

I’ve never been arrested for a DUI of any kind

I volunteer my time when I have extra to volunteer

I go out of my way to do nice things for good people

It’s time to re-think your stereotypes, you’re already getting left behind

Latest posts