Dizane

Coast to Coast
I can’t wait till the “dinosaurs” die off and take their outdated mindset with them.

Booze and nicotine are what kill people and destroy families andnput a MONSTER burden on our health care industry

I smoke cannabis daily - im never late to work, I always do a good job. I come home after and I’ve got chores and work to do around the property- I maintain 1.8 acres. My fiancé is my queen and my behavior is never suspect when it comes to how I treat her, her family or my family

I’ve never been arrested for a DUI of any kind

I volunteer my time when I have extra to volunteer

I go out of my way to do nice things for good people

It’s time to re-think your stereotypes, you’re already getting left behind
Good for you

KerryS

Ignored Member
I can’t wait till the “dinosaurs” die off and take their outdated mindset with them.

Booze and nicotine are what kill people and destroy families andnput a MONSTER burden on our health care industry

I smoke cannabis daily - im never late to work, I always do a good job. I come home after and I’ve got chores and work to do around the property- I maintain 1.8 acres. My fiancé is my queen and my behavior is never suspect when it comes to how I treat her, her family or my family

“Much like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke is made up of a variety of toxic chemicals, including ammonia and hydrogen cyanide, which can irritate your bronchial passages and lungs. If you’re a regular smoker, you’re more likely to wheeze, cough, and produce phlegm. You’re also at an increased risk of bronchitis and lung infections. Marijuana may aggravate existing respiratory illnesses, such as asthma and cystic fibrosis.”

“Marijuana smoke contains carcinogens, so it may increase your risk of lung cancer too. However, studies on the subject have had mixed results. According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), there is no conclusive evidence that marijuana smoke causes lung cancer. More research is needed.”

From healthline.com. Just an FYI. I could care less about pot one way or the other but if you believe it is physically harmless you might be in denial.

Timbow

Hmmm, sounds like you are stereotyping a little yourself.....Are you one of those guys that run around preaching tolerance and acceptance of others, that is until someone has a different opinion than you or interferes with your agenda, in which then namecalling is completely appropriate and warranted?

dflett68

It came from my education and ability to articulate myself. A black or Latino man without such an education because of where they grew up would not have been so lucky. That is the greatest problem here.
imho, you're giving and claiming way too much credit here. your skin color and your fear/contrition were the difference makers. cops as judges is a mess. let's just have laws that don't require a judgement call from someone unqualified to make one.

b_illymac

Member Active
There can be certain side effects of marijuana use we see in the hospital setting including uncontrolled vomiting to the point they need to be hospitalized with iv's and hydration and electrolyte replacement. Unfortunately there isn't a specific test for this so it gets to be a expensive visit as we rule out a host of other things. Often a tell tale sign we see is the patient has a almost uncontrolled urge to shower as the running hot water gives some relief. Often these patients can be hospitalized for a few days. The second thing we see is asthma related and of course smoking makes it worst. So it does have some side effects. Of course we see a ton of liver failure from alcohol too. My guess is like anything in life a little moderate marijuana use is ok but this can be hard for some people. The impaired driver situation be it alcohol or marijuana or oxycodone or what ever is scary.

Last edited:

Jamie Wilson

Hmmm, sounds like you are stereotyping a little yourself.....Are you one of those guys that run around preaching tolerance and acceptance of others, that is until someone has a different opinion than you or interferes with your agenda, in which then namecalling is completely appropriate and warranted?
I can’t speak for Stilly but the person you describe?? They’re all over the place. And highly annoying with their arrogance and hypocrisy. This could go political....so I’ll just leave it here .

Buzzy

can we up the anti and say choose between a stoner or an alcoholic? ill take the stoner pilot/mechanic all day.....
For me it all comes down to impairment: if someone is drunk or stoned at work, in my NOT HUMBLE opinion, that is wrong. Maybe in your line of work that's okay but the reference was to technical work. Working on or around the equipment in the power industry (that's what I did), impairment (and inattention) caused accidents, equipment damage and one death during my tenure in the business.

Jojo

Trout Thank Me
I didn’t try marijuana for the first time until i was 28 years old. I can count on one hand how many times i’ve smoked it since (and it’s always been on a fishing trip). I actually kind of liked how it made me feel because i’m Type A and it makes me feel like a more normal person. But i hate smoking. And i don’t like feeling out of my head that much.

As i’ve gotten older and pot is legal and I have insomnia i decided to try CBD edibles. They didn’t work and actually made me feel kind of itchy from on the inside of my skin and i was awake for a good part of the night. That may be in part becasue i have many grass and weed (non smoking kind) allergies, for which i got shots for many years so i wondered about that. Even so i decided to try THC instead on advice from friends who said it works for insomnia.

So back to the pot shop to buy THC chocolate peanut butter cups. I took only 1/3 of one because the first time. (I will say this the chocolate was high end ( pun intended) quality. It did take about 90 minutes before i felt an effect but didn’t help me sleep.

My friend who bought the same as me told me she took 1-1/2 of the peanut butter cups and it didn’t work. So i decided to take a whole one the next night. I have never been higher in my life. I was glad my bathroom is only 5 steps from my side of the bed. I would not have tried to have a conversation with anyone. I did sleep better but i couldn’t stand how i felt. I gave them away to a guy in my husband’s band. He said he took two and they didn’t make him high. I couldn’t believe it.

Anyway i for one am glad it is legalized and we are getting taxes for it and creating jobs.

I don’t want to do it and if i had kids i would be worried about it, but then i would worry about drinking more.

My argument about weed vs alcohol is always the same: If my military dad had been a pot smoker when we were growing up instead of abusing alcohol maybe we wouldn’t have been terrorized as kids in that Great Santini way.

Also @Adam Saarinen ....really with the photograph? That’s your girlfriend. Does she know you put it up here?

Rock Creek Fan

Dayum - did not expect this thread to take off in the direction it did... But this is WFF right?

Maybe a bit more on topic: Have you ever run into a marijuana grow while fishing?

I have. Both in southern Oregon and western Montana. Scared the S#@% out of me not knowing when I would get shot. I would prefer rangers go after those people than the fisherman that have an occasional bud when fishing...

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I did once. Many years ago. Three plants located right along a fishing trail on a popular local stream. Apparently, the grower wasn't too savvy. I glanced around to make sure no one was watching, and I moved in to examine them. They were beginning to develop flower buds, and appeared to be in need of horticultural attention. Don't ask me how I know this...(I spent 20 years as a landscape gardener, and am an organic vegetable gardener, and have learned a little bit about plants over the years).
So I pinched off the terminal buds on the upper branches and tops. It was enough to fill the palm of one hand...less than 1/4 oz of plant material. I took it home and dried it out. Wasn't much there after it had dried. I took it over to a friend's house (who had a water pipe) and smoked some with him. It wasn't bad. My friend asked me where I'd gotten it. I told him. He gasped, and looked kind of funny. Turns out it was a couple of plants that a surfer friend of his, visiting from CA, had tried to grow up here, but this was unfamiliar territory, and they didn't do a very good job of hiding them.
I had a good laugh over that, but later I heard that his friend was not very amused. I suggested that his friend stay in CA from now on, since I was still surfing back then, and really wanted all CA surfers to stay at home and surf there.

JS

They REMOVED CANNABIS FROM THE DARE PROGRAM BECAUSE ITS BEEN PROVEN ALL THE BULLSHIT LIES ABOUT CANNABIS ARE FUCKING LIES.
Lol, if that were only true! They left it up to each PD to decide how they would ‘talk’ about cannabis. My PD changed very little.

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Have you ever run into a marijuana grow while fishing?
Yes, but I ran into more while hunting. And yes, I jacked-up my situational awareness radar on "high" even though I was armed in every case. I also reported every grow location to the authorities. I care not if folks opt to indulge in the great outdoors while fishing as long as they pose no problem for me or mine, but I for damn sure am against pot farming in the wild.

I also returned from a long construction travel stint one time only to see a large pot plant in an upstairs bedroom in my Mom's house, courtesy of my oldest Nephew. Mom didn't believe me when I told her what it was, or that she could forfeit her house over something like that. I called a long-time friend who was a local police officer & asked him to come by and dispose of it, telling him "I don't want Mom troubled by this - she had NO clue." When he asked who it belonged to, I replied "I'll take care of that this time. If you catch him the next time, he's all yours." My oldest Nephew & I had a "spirited" discussion; he did all of the listening . . . :D. He also was moved out of Mom's house quick, fast & in a hurry.

Last edited:

Old Man

Just an Old Man
My dad never talked to me about anything. I had to learn it all the hard way by doing it. But he caught me smoking regular cigarettes one time and made me smoke a cigar. I turned green from that and never smoked a cigar again . I just never liked them anyway.

Tried pot twice in my life and both times they left a terrible taste in my mouth. One time I had quit cigarettes for about 18 days, I lit up a regular smoke and started all over again. I quit smoking cigarettes 28 years ago. Felt better after that. I could actually taste the food I was eating.

Don't get me started on coffee. I quit that over 30 years ago.

Latest posts