Went out yesterday

Old Man

Just an Old Man
A useless fishing report is more like it.:rolleyes: I went down BSC. It's semi close to home. About 110 miles one way. The Creek looked good. But with all the rain we have had late;y it was a little high. I got to the first hole and was setting up my 3wt. Well my tapered leader was tangled in the reel so I managed to get it untangled. I cut the fucker off:oops: I tied on a new tapered leader and I thought I was good to go.:)

Wait, I had to add on a fly. I selected a Black Stimulator and walked to the water's edge. Did I mention that the fucken wind was blowing.:rolleyes: First cast I hooked my shirt back. Got unhooked and tried to cast again. I seemed to have trouble standing up, I just staggered around like I was drunk. I went back to the truck to sit my ass down. I decided to set up my 4wt and do a little nymphing.:rolleyes:

Good choice as it started to rain. Not little drops, but big drops. I thought it was hailing as the drops were that big. I sat in the front seat of my truck and it took me god damn near a half an hour to tie on two nymphs.:rolleyes: I was shaking like a leaf in a windstorm. I got the top fly on OK, but the bottom one was the problem.:mad: I just couldn't seem to tie it on. I screwed with the bottom fly for 20 minutes before I got done and was ready to go. Did I mention it was raining.:mad:

The road has been screwed with. They raised the level of the road up about 12", so normally where I could park and fish was drop offs that I didn't want to take my truck over.:mad: I just bagged it after that I took the long drive back home. About 110 miles

I was the only swinging dick on the whole Creek. To bad the weather was so shitty. I took some pictures but in my infinite wisdom I loaded them in my computer but for some odd reason they didn't get saved.:mad: And I also deleted them out of my camera. They were shitty pictures anyway.

Buzzy

Jim -
Glad you got out even though the actual fishing was tough! How did you get that hook out? Reminds me of my very first saltwater fly fishing trip - heavy wind, heavy rain and a barbed SRC hook stuck in the back of my rain hood.

Take care
Pat

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
A useless fishing report is more like it.:rolleyes: I went down BSC. It's semi close to home. About 110 miles one way. The Creek looked good. But with all the rain we have had late;y it was a little high. I got to the first hole and was setting up my 3wt. Well my tapered leader was tangled in the reel so I managed to get it untangled. I cut the fucker off:oops: I tied on a new tapered leader and I thought I was good to go.:)

Wait, I had to add on a fly. I selected a Black Stimulator and walked to the water's edge. Did I mention that the fucken wind was blowing.:rolleyes: First cast I hooked my shirt back. Got unhooked and tried to cast again. I seemed to have trouble standing up, I just staggered around like I was drunk. I went back to the truck to sit my ass down. I decided to set up my 4wt and do a little nymphing.:rolleyes:

Good choice as it started to rain. Not little drops, but big drops. I thought it was hailing as the drops were that big. I sat in the front seat of my truck and it took me god damn near a half an hour to tie on two nymphs.:rolleyes: I was shaking like a leaf in a windstorm. I got the top fly on OK, but the bottom one was the problem.:mad: I just couldn't seem to tie it on. I screwed with the bottom fly for 20 minutes before I got done and was ready to go. Did I mention it was raining.:mad:

The road has been screwed with. They raised the level of the road up about 12", so normally where I could park and fish was drop offs that I didn't want to take my truck over.:mad: I just bagged it after that I took the long drive back home. About 110 miles

I was the only swinging dick on the whole Creek. To bad the weather was so shitty. I took some pictures but in my infinite wisdom I loaded them in my computer but for some odd reason they didn't get saved.:mad: And I also deleted them out of my camera. They were shitty pictures anyway.
Good for you OMJ keep the candle going;););):confused::confused:

longputt

First cast I hooked my shirt back. Got unhooked and tried to cast again. I seemed to have trouble standing up, I just staggered around like I was drunk.
I can relate to this! When I was 20 I could bolt into the river and start fishing. It's kind of like golf when I was in my 20's I didn't need to hit a bucket balls to loosen up, now I better hit a few (not too many) or I can't swing.

The problem with stream fishing is that there isn't a driving range!

Jiminsandiego

You did more fishing then I did yesterday. It actually sounds like a blast to me. Brings back some good memories for me...sitting in my truck waiting for the pouring rain to stop... good stuff there.

Mark Kadoshima

You're probably much more experienced with this than I am, but I'll have to watch my sugar level if I don't pay attention to it. If the trembling was unusual and not because you were cold, might be a mild hypoglycemia. Good excuse to have some road trip munchies!
Happy you got out. If you were back over here (Western WA), I'd try to get you to do a small stream fishing clinic.
All the best.

Jiminsandiego

I'd sign up for that clinic. Maybe some one could "interview" OMJ and put a youtube together. A half hour of instruction from OMJ would likely cut years off my learning curve.

JACKspASS

I love your reports OMJ, even if your fly never hits water. Keep it up, even if its just to get out and go for a drive and observe nature.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I shake because I have Essential Tremors I take pills for the shake. But doing little things like tying on flies and adding a second fly on a two fly setup just about does me in.. One fly not a problem. Even threading it and knotting it on is no problem. I took care of the problem, it's just that I forgot about it from one year to another. When I tie on the first fly, just leave the tag end longer then tie the second fly to the tag end. Well something like that.

I pinch all my barbs, even if not required here in Montana. The hook slid right out. And no I only saw 2 deer in 220 miles. I was surprised as I usually see herds of deer this time of the year. Never even seen any Antelope. Weird, to say the least.

Greg Armstrong

Always like seeing the animals. It always adds a little bit of magic to any trip.
By my way of thinking, you didn't get skunked.

And I'd say screw it with the second fly - often not worth the hassle. Just tie one fly on and flip it out there and see what happens.

Latest posts