Banff area suggestions.

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
I’m in Calgary - driving to Kelowna going through Banff on the way.

Obviously the Bow River is here and looks gorgeous, but is there anyplace I should make it a point to stop at for a day?

I’ve got a 3wt and a 6wt here with me

stilly stalker

Switch Rod Samurai
Too bad you don't make it to Kamloops!
Not this time but my fiancé is from up here and we plan on moving up in a few years. I would love to raise a family up here. And the fishing potential seems so good it’s insane. I know I’ll be spending a lot more time in BC now and would gladly relish an opportunity to meet up and fish

I do this drive about 10 times a year from Calgary, and every single time I find myself wondering which rivers and creeks along the way might have decent fishing. There isn't much info on the internet in regards to fishing any of these rivers, but lots of the rivers around golden will have bull trout and the Illecillewaet river coming down from the Rogers Pass looks so pretty. Haven't tried fishing them but i suspect none of the places along the way are really worth a full day.

Are you living in Calgary or just visiting Calgary? Because if you're just visiting and you have a day to spare that you want to spend fishing, you should 100% look into the rivers and streams around Calgary, including the Bow which is basically second to none

I do this drive about 10 times a year from Calgary, and every single time I find myself wondering which rivers and creeks along the way might have decent fishing. There isn't much info on the internet in regards to fishing any of these rivers, but lots of the rivers around golden will have bull trout and the Illecillewaet river coming down from the Rogers Pass looks so pretty. Haven't tried fishing them but i suspect none of the places along the way are really worth a full day.

Are you living in Calgary or just visiting Calgary? Because if you're just visiting and you have a day to spare that you want to spend fishing, you should 100% look into the rivers and streams around Calgary, including the Bow which is basically second to none
Just visiting, but I’ll be spending a lot more time up here

Latest posts