Fishing the West w/ Larry Schoenborn

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
Larry's Fishing The West was without question the single largest thing that got me into fly fishing. In fact, I bought my first fly rod, an 8' 6 wt Eagle Claw with a Pflueger reel from Larry's Sporting Goods, along with several tied down caddis bucks and Spruce flies that I used exclusively for my first few years for cutthroat on Oregon Coastal streams.

Rob Allen

Larry didn't show much personality on camera but it's kinda interesting to see our back yards on camera. And and trucker caps before they were called trucker caps.

creekx

spent spinner
Thanks! I look forward to browsing the episodes. I recall a few of them, including one where they packed in to the Bob and fished the South Fork of the Flathead.

Driftless Dan

Driftless Dan
WFF Supporter
I recall a few of them, including one where they packed in to the Bob and fished the South Fork of the Flathead.
That was one of my favorites, too. I remember a shot from that episode: the trout looked like they were suspended in the air, the water was that clear.

Jim B

I think my favorite episode is "Larry with the grandkids", when they float the John Day in inflatable kayaks and fish for smallmouth bass.

jamma

I liked the episode where he was catching big Chinook with that German guy.
"Oh, dot's a big fish!"
Grew up watching Larry and Jim Conway.

gt

often visited Larry's sporting goods in Oregon City or the much smaller store in Beaverton. now Conway there was a horse of another color. he owned and ran Jimco charters out of Depoe Bay and has the distinction of perhaps the only boat to ever end up on the rocks coming into the harbor.

we had leased 80 acres of farm property to hunt ducks and geese right up against the basket slough fence. one morning we came out there to find 3 suburbans parked in our spaces, Conway and film crew. they had drawn a permit on the N end of the slough and were preparing to film the event. we suggested they were going about it wrong, given our weeks of watching how the birds came and went, they didn't listen and i don't think we heard a shot from this crew all morning long.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts